To read the whole information please follow this linkCT2.3 support has brought many changes to source code! New client/protocol support, new features but also some old bug fixes both in DP and Core. However, out of code, there have been some other changes that community might not have noticed so easily. We have performed several changes (not hugh ones though) in team structure and basic organization.
In the past, we had these groups:
but now it goes like this:
- Inner Circle
- Core and DP developers
- Core and DP initiates
- Inner Circle
- Senior Developers
- Junior Core Developers - Junior DP Developers
- L2J initiates
Thus, we have some "free slots" for new people to join l2j team as initiate! Despite there has not been any important change in our policy to whether accept or deny applications (usually is team who makes the offer), I would like to remind an important about initiates: Like Liverpool, Initiates will never walk alone. Actually, we have decided to invest much more efforts to improve initiates->jrdev->dev period (as told in blog) puting a man on charge for this task (currently me). Whole team but specially Initiates leader will take special care of new team members integration, progress and upbringing.Finally, Team and me are glad to announce four new skilly Junior Developers, all of them already well-known within community:
Core: _DS_, shansoft and janiii
Here is a list with tips, thoughts, "requirements" and desirable skills for people interested in joining us:
- Positive Attitude and Excellent Manners and Behaviour (in forum/IRC/etc, no "go away n00b", no "you make this mistake", no "forum trolls"...)
- Intermediate Java/XML/SQL/PYTHON knowledge (for core/dp, which will be evaluated based on Public Contributions)
- Intermediate Knowledge about Computers/Network/SVN
- Intermediate Knowledge about our Source Files and Coding Styles.
- Huge latent Capability to Learn and Develop
- Being Open-Minded and Creative
- Be able to stay Active around in Forums/IRC.
- Excellent Teamwork Skills
- Experience in other Opensource projects (specially based upon L2J)
- Experience about Retail Server gaming, if still Active even better.
- Experience as a L2j Server Administrator
- Fluent on Reading and Writing in English (omg... dont worry about this, I've passed it!)
- Be able to do Testing Reports
- Russian/Korean/Japanesse/Other languages reading/writing skills
- Autonomy, Responsability and Maturity (no kids)
- Rather than sending a PM with your application concentrate your efforts in helping someone else
I really think everyone can join us now or in a short period. Dont worry about how bad/good you are now, think how fast your skills impove; once inside team, with a positive attitude, you'll learn things much faster than you can imagine! Finally, I'd like to encourage everybody and wish best of lucks.