DMCA takedown

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
SaveGame

Re: DMCA takedown

Post by SaveGame »

Asmodian1989 wrote:And how about to place repository on bitbuchet?
Atlassian (provider of the bitbucket hosting service) is also subject to DMCA; you can also file a takedown notice and send it to them.
Customer agreement wrote:7.7 Responsibility for Your Data.

7.7.1 General. You must ensure that your use of Hosted Services and all Your Data is at all times compliant with our Acceptable Use Policy and all applicable local, state, federal and international laws and regulations (“Laws”). You represent and warrant that: (i) you have obtained all necessary rights, releases and permissions to provide all Your Data to Atlassian and to grant the rights granted to Atlassian in this Agreement and (ii) Your Data and its transfer to and use by Atlassian as authorized by you under this Agreement do not violate any Laws (including without limitation those relating to export control and electronic communications) or rights of any third party, including without limitation any intellectual property rights
lord_rex

Post by lord_rex »

Asmodian1989 wrote:And how about to place repository on bitbuchet?
In this case - as it has been proven my theory (or atleast parts of it) is true, running is not an option.
You're right. I have forgotten how to act like a normal human being. And I play games and I lie and I trick people to avoid the truth of how I feel.
Sacrifice
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Sacrifice »

If there is nothing to fear and / or hide ... yes, it's a bad idea to run
Asmodian1989

Post by Asmodian1989 »

But need to do something. Github blocked repository after NCZ0ft post. But how many time all be ok? Bitbucked is a good idea. Also we can made git repository on assembla or other git host..

P.s. sorry my bad english... :P
Asmodian1989

Post by Asmodian1989 »

Or gitlab... Or... Can create own git server... Can make this free on 1 year with aws amazon... I dont have more idea...
lord_rex

Post by lord_rex »

Well, it might be the best if the repositories would have multiple GIT remote settings as push destination. In that case everything would be pushed to: github, bitbucket, assembla, pikacode, gitlab, whatever...

It would serve as a great backup (& mirror) for situations like this.
You're right. I have forgotten how to act like a normal human being. And I play games and I lie and I trick people to avoid the truth of how I feel.
Asmodian1989

Post by Asmodian1989 »

or like solution make the repositoies name not l2jserver or l2j... repositories other teams who name isnt "L2" not banned... NCZ0ft sucks.
lord_rex

Post by lord_rex »

Asmodian1989 wrote:or like solution make the repositoies name not l2jserver or l2j... repositories other teams who name isnt "L2" not banned... NCZ0ft sucks.
NCZ0ft cannot own name "lineage" it is a common word. Neither can they own L2... L2 also means "level 2" or anything starts with "L"... it is not the issue.
Nik
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Nik »

But... but... there was a guy who trademarked the name Edge in the 80s or 90s and trashed many games till recent years.
Playing a game where you know how every single mechanism works is quite satisfying.
Its the main perk that a gamer-developer has :D
vangog

Post by vangog »

34gs4421jkohxFyGx. <=== Good name for repository. NCZ0ft can't find. I just kidding ;)
BiggBoss
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by BiggBoss »

Why now, when the game is dead?
lord_rex

Post by lord_rex »

Nik wrote:But... but... there was a guy who trademarked the name Edge in the 80s or 90s and trashed many games till recent years.
Just like Apple. So lets sue fruit shops.

IMMEDIATE DMCA TAKE DOWN HAS BEEN REQUESTED FOR ALL FRUIT STORES WHO SELL APPLES - IT IS A SERIOUS CRIME THAT SHALL BE PUNISHED.
Sacrifice
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Sacrifice »

It's stupid action... I still do not understand... some gentlemen who write in opensources a chronicle that is a version already obsolete for NCZ0ft... and now ... they put one DCMA ... it is for shit!.
lord_rex

Post by lord_rex »

Sacrifice wrote:It's stupid action... I still do not understand... some gentlemen who write in opensources a chronicle that is a version already obsolete for NCZ0ft... and now ... they put one DCMA ... it is for shit!.
L2OFF server owners simply saw that the game is dying - so they just wanted to avoid new L2J servers being opened. Lets be honest: a new server opens everyday.
LasTravel

Post by LasTravel »

I don't think they can stop it at this way, people have their own sources.