Subjects for an L2j protection against hacks/etc

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
guillermokiss

Subjects for an L2j protection against hacks/etc

Post by guillermokiss »

Before starting please consider to move this to the propper section if i have missed.

Hello guys, i have some days thinking about an idea a friend told me and i decided to put it here so check what happens, since by much time i have thinking and searching for any kind of "protections" to the usage of programs/hacks against my server, a guy told me something that at the start it just sounds crazy but it maybe is possible, who knows..

Most online games today uses a program that runs parallel with a server as well with the game client, as it seems to be really popular and known by many, hope you also do, it is called "PunkBuster".

The PunkBuster works to kick/ban players from a server when it detects any kind of program unrelated to the normal "game-client"-->"game-server" connection.

The idea was to check if it was possible to make L2j runs using punkbuster, but there are also a lot of problems that came up with this idea...
the first one was that PunkBuster client for servers requires payment as it is a private program (that does not affect the one required by players as it is free), the second was that doing such thing will for sure require a goddamn skilled programmer (as far as i see), and the third and last, i don't know if there is anything required of changing in L2 client.. The firsts two can may be avoided with no troubles, but in case the third has to be made, so it has no sense. Anyway, in case anyone have the time, and wants to give a try, i can mail him/her an original PB Server client with its original key (i have bought a lot for BF3 server and other games) and you can give it a try.
djmouse

Re: Subjects for an L2j protection against hacks/etc

Post by djmouse »

What for? There are already REMOVED and REMOVED protections with traffic encryptions and other nice features like HWID ban, dualboxing detection (by hwid, not by ip). Ofc you have to pay for them, but it's worth doing. I don't know, if REMOVED have multilingual support, seems to me that it does, but CCP has only russian support. I use CCP and I don't have any l2px, l2control, zRanger and other shit :)

P.S., both protections require client modifications, so ... :oops:
guillermokiss

Post by guillermokiss »

already know about some of these, that's why i'm making such pust, with the intention of finding a way to create a really strong protection that also don't requires any client mod..
MELERIX
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by MELERIX »

without modify client, the only way is using a loader.

anyway now there is some ways to exploit REMOVED using sandboxie, so there is no 100% effective protection.
BiggBoss
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by BiggBoss »

you just need a hex editor to bypass any code (inner or outter from main process) that tries to detect any other software
djmouse

Post by djmouse »

MELERIX wrote:without modify client, the only way is using a loader.

anyway now there is some ways to exploit REMOVED using sandboxie, so there is no 100% effective protection.
Thats why I'm using CCP :) Method with sandboxie doesn't work