1 machine with 1 gs and 1 lg , other machine with gs only

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
cursing

1 machine with 1 gs and 1 lg , other machine with gs only

Post by cursing »

Hi.
is possible to make login server to connect on local host ( because 1 server is there ) and on one other machine ( 2nd gs is there )

I have 2 machines. the one have login servers and 1 game server , and the 2nd machine has just one 2nd game server.

I don't know if its possible this :/ help me :D

thanks in advance!
jurchiks

Re: 1 machine with 1 gs and 1 lg , other machine with gs onl

Post by jurchiks »

loginserver.properties:
LoginHostname = *
change it to 127.0.0.1, that should be it.
But anyway, what's the point of that 2nd GS if it has no LS?
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
Aikimaniac
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Aikimaniac »

Nothing unusual or weird on 1 loginserver and more gameservers connected to it...
cursing

Post by cursing »

I want my players to can join from 1 login into both of servers.

Btw if i change the 127.0.0.1 then the local gs could not let the players get in :/

Thats why I'm asking for help
Aikimaniac
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Aikimaniac »

Can you pastebin whole files please ?

In local gameserver, put here the external IP adress of the box (should be same as loginserver.properties in LoginserverHostname = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!-- Externalhost here (Internet IP) or Localhost IP for local test -->
<gameserver address="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="ipconfig.xsd">
    <!-- Localhost here -->
    <define subnet="127.0.0.0/8" address="127.0.0.1" />
    <!-- Internalhosts here (LANs IPs) -->
    <define subnet="10.0.0.0/8" address="10.0.0.0" />
    <define subnet="172.16.0.0/19" address="172.16.0.0" />
    <define subnet="192.168.0.0/16" address="192.168.0.0" />
</gameserver>
Sylar88

Post by Sylar88 »

Hmm, does the clinet get the gameserver IP from the loginserver dynamically ? Cause the gameserver opens a socket directly to the client after the authentication is established ( the player communicates with teh gameserver without the need for login to exist after he enters world).
Someone who didnt bother reading the svn or ant manual and just waited for you to make him a visual guide for eclipse is not a guy that is willing to learn ... He is the definition of the leecher.
cursing

Post by cursing »

Guys... I Want to have 1 login server and 2 game servers. there are 2 machines.

machine one = 1 game server and 1 login server

machine number 2 = 1 gameserver

What i need to do , If I want the gameserver from machine 2 , to working with the logins from machine 1. So i will have 2 game servers on different server machines but only 1 login server.

Code: Select all

# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------# Login Server Settings# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------# This is the server configuration file. Here you can set up the connection information for your server.# This was written with the assumption that you are behind a router.# Dumbed Down Definitions...# LAN (LOCAL area network) - typically consists of computers connected to the same router as you.# WAN (WIDE area network) - typically consists of computers OUTSIDE of your router (ie. the internet).# x.x.x.x - Format of an IP address. Do not include the x'es into settings. Must be real numbers.# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------# Networking# --------------------------------------------------------------------------- # Bind ip of the LoginServer, use * to bind on all available IPs# WARNING: <u><b><font color="red">Please don't change default IPs here if you don't know what are you doing!</font></b></u># WARNING: <u><b><font color="red">External/Internal IPs are now inside "ipconfig.xml" file.</font></b></u># Default: * (0.0.0.0)LoginserverHostname = * # Default: 2106LoginserverPort = 2106 # The address on which login will listen for GameServers, use * to bind on all available IPs# WARNING: <u><b><font color="red">Please don't change default IPs here if you don't know what are you doing!</font></b></u># WARNING: <u><b><font color="red">External/Internal IPs are now inside "ipconfig.xml" file.</font></b></u># Default: * (0.0.0.0)LoginHostname = * # The port on which login will listen for GameServers# Default: 9014LoginPort = 9014 
ipconfig.xml

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!-- Externalhost here (Internet IP) or Localhost IP for local test --><gameserver address="46.4.94.147" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="ipconfig.xsd">    <!-- Localhost here -->    <define subnet="127.0.0.0/8" address="127.0.0.1" />    <!-- Internalhosts here (LANs IPs) -->    <define subnet="10.0.0.0/8" address="10.0.0.0" />    <define subnet="172.16.0.0/19" address="172.16.0.0" />    <define subnet="192.168.0.0/16" address="192.168.0.0" /></gameserver> 
Aikimaniac
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Aikimaniac »

1. in login server put its IP to LoginserverHostname = * instead of the star and to gameserver which is on same box with this login server put the same IP where i wrote to.

2) Windows or Linux ?
cursing

Post by cursing »

Linux debian x 64 :) and thanks for your help ^^
Aikimaniac
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Aikimaniac »

cursing wrote:Linux debian x 64 :) and thanks for your help ^^
that means all is ok and it works ?
tukune

Post by tukune »

jurchiks wrote:loginserver.properties:
LoginHostname = *
change it to 127.0.0.1, that should be it.
But anyway, what's the point of that 2nd GS if it has no LS?
:evil:
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

Yeah yeah, rub it in, I misread one word, thought he wrote "NO one other machine"...
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
cursing

Post by cursing »

all i should change was this

# Where's the Login server this gameserver should connect to
# WARNING: <u><b><font color="red">Please don't change default IPs here if you don't know what are you doing!</font></b></u>
# WARNING: <u><b><font color="red">External/Internal IPs are now inside "ipconfig.xml" file.</font></b></u>
# Default: 127.0.0.1
LoginHost = (HERE you mast put the IP from the 2nd game server )

So you can have 2 game servers on different machines with 1 login..

problem solved :) thank you all