Buff time modifier tool?

Have you created a useful tool? or Do you want to get help building one? This is the right place!
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
blarke

Buff time modifier tool?

Post by blarke »

Hi everyone

I constantly have the problem with every new DP that I have to manually modify my skill xmls since something was changed in the xml structure. Basically I want to have all 20min buffs last for 30mins, every 40min buff for 1hr and every song/dance for 5 mins.
My main problem is that it would be quite easy to modify in the config, but the +time enchant option would have no effect on the buffs that may be enchanted so.
There is the EnableModifySkillDuration option in Character.properties, but this does not seem to be able to handle skill-level format.
Anybody has some insight or tool for this?

Thanks, cheers
epicentre

Re: Buff time modifier tool?

Post by epicentre »

You can use any mass text replace tool. And you need to replace
abnormalTime=" sting with standart buff durations 120, 300, 1200, 2400 to yours. For example 2 h:
abnormalTime="7200"
blarke

Post by blarke »

Hi,

I know and I've thought about this, however:
- Enchant times have to be updated as well
- There are some exceptions that I do not want to update (for example, Majesty, Physical Mirror etc.) - a normal mass replace won't handle this

I could handle it so far anyway, put the non-enchantable skill durations (dance of berserker, song of purification, soul roar, battle cry...) to the config and documented the other changes. The last 5 updates did not touch the XML format, so I could just overwrite them.

Thanks,
blarke
WallMan

Post by WallMan »

If you use Windows, you could use WinMerge.

I use WinMerge and WinGrep a lot
blarke

Post by blarke »

WallMan wrote:If you use Windows, you could use WinMerge.

I use WinMerge and WinGrep a lot
Hi WallMan,

This is great! Many thanks!

cheers,
blarke