a question bout l2j programing lang

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Ectis

a question bout l2j programing lang

Post by Ectis »

sooo i had in mind if c++ could be implemented in l2j for some that wana program with c

so my questions are :)

1:can c be implemented in some way like python to l2j ?

2:if yes will this improve some huge scripts that might produce bugs like crystal caverns and some others cuz a smaller script = lower chance for a bug to apear

i know that off servers use c++ but am sayng this cuz most ppl start out with c++ wen they get into programing i mean its one of the most usefull programing langs aside from java and i think this might give more depth into l2j programing cuz i found out bout programing cuz of l2j and i still love it and tryn to improve in time. i mean l2j works similiar to a site ( dont span me i know there lots of diferences but u get ma point) and its a great tool for education in programing and learning the basics of sql and some xml and others etc. soo am waiting ideas or answers if anyone is willing to share them :)

BTW sorry for ma english am still noob :D
MELERIX
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: a question bout l2j programing lang

Post by MELERIX »

we use java for easy cross-platform support.
Ectis

Post by Ectis »

MELERIX wrote:we use java for easy cross-platform support.
but is there a way for some to use c if they wont too ? thats what am asking :)
Aikimaniac
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Aikimaniac »

Ectis wrote:
MELERIX wrote:we use java for easy cross-platform support.
but is there a way for some to use c if they wont too ? thats what am asking :)
yeah....create l2c and code it from scratch.... :) gl
JIV
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by JIV »

im not quite sure if C can be used as script lang, but still we moving from jython to java scripts for easy debugging.
Nik
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Nik »

Java natives... its that simple to use C# in java :)
http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/java ... tip23.html

Oh and BTW, Java + Linux > C# + Windows. Working on Ubintu server might be hard, but its performace and features way surpass the shitty windows server.
Playing a game where you know how every single mechanism works is quite satisfying.
Its the main perk that a gamer-developer has :D
Ectis

Post by Ectis »

soo its near imposible lol danm
JIV
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by JIV »

yes thank you momo that u showed you know how to use google but what u found is JNI and thats not scripting at all. lol
webmanix

Post by webmanix »

Ectis wrote:sooo i had in mind if c++ could be implemented in l2j for some that wana program with c

so my questions are :)

1:can c be implemented in some way like python to l2j ?

2:if yes will this improve some huge scripts that might produce bugs like crystal caverns and some others cuz a smaller script = lower chance for a bug to apear

i know that off servers use c++ but am sayng this cuz most ppl start out with c++ wen they get into programing i mean its one of the most usefull programing langs aside from java and i think this might give more depth into l2j programing cuz i found out bout programing cuz of l2j and i still love it and tryn to improve in time. i mean l2j works similiar to a site ( dont span me i know there lots of diferences but u get ma point) and its a great tool for education in programing and learning the basics of sql and some xml and others etc. soo am waiting ideas or answers if anyone is willing to share them :)

BTW sorry for ma english am still noob :D
1- Dont think so

2- "BUG" is a relative word =P a smaller code doesnt mean it has less errors, and in C++ that can be a real threat lol (if there is something wrong in c++ code, it would be a mess). But im sure that c++ would be quite faster than java for logical reasons =P
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

http://trac.assembla.com/l2c/timeline
here, specially for you.
I don't know what their chronicle is though, and that project is by far not the best choice, it's WIP and some stuff is badly written (said by people who develop in C/C++ for living).
Edit: it's C# though, but still.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
Ectis

Post by Ectis »

jurchiks wrote:http://trac.assembla.com/l2c/timeline
here, specially for you.
I don't know what their chronicle is though, and that project is by far not the best choice, it's WIP and some stuff is badly written (said by people who develop in C/C++ for living).
Edit: it's C# though, but still.
hahaha awesome but still its not even in beta stage lol but the coding seems much to off server now am starting to get confused lol thanks jur :)
JIV
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by JIV »

jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

yeah, they make a class for every skill, that's one of the most noticeable flaws in their design.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
Ectis

Post by Ectis »

jurchiks wrote:yeah, they make a class for every skill, that's one of the most noticeable flaws in their design.
wouldn't this make more stable skills ? and more free to do anything u wont like to code at the skill package how it will act be unique to others like the noblese skill or the cant resurect thingy i see in some seed of anihilation Raids(btw dont scream at me am still junior at deving lol )