Client settings.

Have you created a useful tool? or Do you want to get help building one? This is the right place!
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
vlad1977

Client settings.

Post by vlad1977 »

Good evening everyone,
Guys, I know there must be an easy answer to my question or else how would so many people discussing problems related to game itself.
I built up a server and a datapack from official source. I started both gameserver and a login server (at least I think I did, both of the shelscripts can be seen working through device manager along with java process).
But how do I make a client to connect to my server? I do not have a windoze machine so I had to ask my friend to test the server. Both gameserver and loginserver config files have my external IP in them. My router has suggested ports opened (even including mysql port). My friend can ping my machine on those ports successfully. So I believe everything is ok on that side. But when he tries to log-in to the server he says that the "logging in" window would not disappear, his client is trying to bind to my server endlessly.
I run 'netstat -c | grep 7777" and do not see him binding to the server at all. Only when he goes there with browser or tests connection otherwise.
He uses the latest version of the client...
So, can anyone point me at the guide on how to set up client part to bind to particular private server? I apologize if my question has a simple answer and shows me being ignorant. I tried to find the answer using search and FAQ with no success. Thank you for constructive replies.
P.S. Forgot to mention. I run Ubuntu a linux version of the server. I am familiar with administering linux system but database management is totally something that needs to be explained.
vlad1977

Re: Client settings.

Post by vlad1977 »

54 views, no answers. It must be my simplicity of the answer that keeps people off of giving a suggestion. :)
I'm still at the same point.
ThePhoenixBird
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Re: Client settings.

Post by ThePhoenixBird »

Have you followed the instalation instruccions correctly? maybe you havent binded the IP address of your server to the windows host file.