Michelle's/knight dropcalc personal chat

Have you created a useful tool? or Do you want to get help building one? This is the right place!
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Ikky

Michelle's/knight dropcalc personal chat

Post by Ikky »

I have been sitting and trying to configure the knightdrop tool to work with my l2j server and got it working pretty much to my satisfaction but one of the things I cant get to work is the personal chats.
I can write players at the server and do the announcements even read the server chatlog but I cant get it to save the replies from a specific player. The button in the tool is called view chat and is located in administration tool for an online player.

I figured out that the playerchat.php file at line 72 makes a dir called knightchat located in the log folder in your gameserver folder and I think its supposed to make files called player-chat.log with the specific players replies for you to read but it just wont do that.

So I think the problem is that the tool wont create and edit the player-chat.log files in gameserver/log/knightchat

Anybody got a fix for this or a tip on how to correct it?

Ikky
lishawj

Re: Michelle's/knight dropcalc personal chat

Post by lishawj »

You can receive support for Michelle's dropcal on her forum.

http://www.msknight.com/dropcalc
Ikky

Post by Ikky »

Thank you for your reply... I did know about that site but im awaiting to be accepted by an admin of the site so i thought i would give this forum a go while i was waiting :)
Ikky

Post by Ikky »

Seems like that this tool was programmed for a unix environment and later got turned to a windows also tool which means that not all the functions are made windows friendly... As far as I can tell this player chat function is made of unix system codes and therefor doesn't work at a windows server... I am currently fooling around with a debian server and hopefully it will work out better at that
Ikky

Post by Ikky »

I found a website that lets you download small programs that act as shellcodes... If you get the file called grep.exe and places it in your system32 folder at your windows server if can run the grep command too but i didnt get it to work prober yet. i can only get it to print lines out that includes ' so if any of you guys get it to work please let me know

heres the link for the shell programs http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/UnxUtils.zip