Autoattack problem in pvp.

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
cubano1389

Autoattack problem in pvp.

Post by cubano1389 »

If you want to receive support we need this info to help you properly.
» Find Revision
L2J Revision Number:
L2JDP Revision Number:

As many of u guys know this has been a problem in l2j always, on retail when u engage in pvp with another player when pressing the attackbutton or forcing a skill on a player, ur character should not keep attacking the player after the first swing is made or skill is casted(physical skills only), u manually have to press the attackbutton once again while holding control key or by a force macro ofc to attack again(or in case of attacking chaotic player just use normal attack), currently on l2j once you attack a player u can let go of the controls and the player will keep hitting its target(PC) automatically with normal swings until its dead or something else prevents you from attacking it anymore.

The correct way should be that when u hit a white player or purple or with karma whatever, your character will stop attacking after the first swing/shot/cast has been made u have to attack once again in order for your character to make one more attack, and u do this until your target is dead or you change targets.

This might not be important but it seems kinda dumb when archers have to press attack once on a player and it will continually keep attacking like if it was when killing monsters.
In my opinion this is something that needs to be fixed, it will bring l2j closer to retail as possible.
_DS_
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: Autoattack problem in pvp.

Post by _DS_ »

Our retail players can confirm this ? What about one/two-side wars and PK ? Summons/pets attack/attacked ?
Commiter of the shit
public static final int PI = 3.1415926535897932384626433832795;
cubano1389

Post by cubano1389 »

Im going to be honest but i dont play retail, i have heard from retail players and it works like that, i also have played on the old C4 l2off servers wich i think retail still uses the same method for pvp.

Now one thing When ur a chaotic player and u force attack a white(innocent) player ur character wont keep on attacking like it currently does in l2j, it will stop and u will have to attack the player again, once it has flagged back the same still applies u have to keep attacking manually for your character to keep attacking otherwise it wont do anything but stand there taking the hits. I think this all applies to all types of pvp , normal pvp , clan wars, hitting red players etc.

Now i think this function stops working once you are in an arena area( NOT RLY SURE I THINK THE SAME METHOD APPLIES EVERYWERE WHEN YOU ARE ATTACKING ANOTHER PC)

Anyways we should wait for a retail player to confirm before anything is done about it, however im sure it works like that.

Also i think the same applies when attacking summons, however i dont know if summons do keep on autoattacking a pc until master tells it to stop or target is dead, pretty sure summons do actually autoattack PCs.
lantoc

Post by lantoc »

Players do not continue to attack, but summons do. At least when hitting clannies and neutrals in the over world. The same is NOT true in arenas. You character does continue to attack without having to press the attack button again. (Didn't test chaotics, or players from a clan your at war with)

Edit: Forgot to mention it is the same whether the target is flagged or not.
cubano1389

Post by cubano1389 »

lantoc wrote:Players do not continue to attack, but summons do. At least when hitting clannies and neutrals in the over world. The same is NOT true in arenas. You character does continue to attack without having to press the attack button again. (Didn't test chaotics, or players from a clan your at war with)

Edit: Forgot to mention it is the same whether the target is flagged or not.
Umm ok, yeah like u said summons do keep attacking automatically however players dont unless they are in an arena or i think also a siege zone.

So basically
Out in the normal world(no combat zone/arena) : Player does not autoattack PC and you must manually use attack to resume.
In Arena : Player does autoattack like its atm in l2j.
Siege Zone/Fortress etc : Need to comfirm this one but i think its the same as in when you are in an Arena zone.
Attacking Purple Player : Player does not autoattack the Purple player u have to attack it manually again after first hit.
Attacking a Red(PK) player : I dont remember if when attacking a red your character will autoattack but my guess is that its the same as if you were attacking a purple player unless in Arena/Combat Zone.
Attacking White (Innocent) player : Wont autoattack you have to manually attack after first hit unless in arena/Combat Zone.

NOTE : This only applies to normal swings, bow hits and Physical Skills, because when u use a physical skill on a PC in the common world, for example Lethal Blow your PC will autoattack the other PC even if the other PC is not in a chaotic state.