Multiple Servers on One Login

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
rpgsearcherz

Multiple Servers on One Login

Post by rpgsearcherz »

If you want to receive support we need this info to help you properly.
» Find Revision
L2J Revision Number: All
L2JDP Revision Number: All

Hi, what I'm attempting to accomplish is on one PC(or Server) having two L2J servers running (different rates/databases) and them connect to a single login. For example, using one PC to have both a 1x and 10x server people can log into.

I searched online but found no information as to how to do this or if it's even possible. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
nonom
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: Multiple Servers on One Login

Post by nonom »

Is possible, but you need to change gameport in each server,

in example, change 7777 to 7778 in the second one (look at server.properties)
"There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
rpgsearcherz

Post by rpgsearcherz »

Very nice. Thanks for that. I wasn't sure if it could do something detrimental to do that (confusion or anything).

Also, does the l2j database NEED to be l2jdb or can I create l2jdb2 and so on for extra servers?

Again, thanks a lot!
croaker

Post by croaker »

you can name the db whatever you want, just make sure that in the gamserver config that you have the correct db name.

I.E.

# Database info
Driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
#Driver=org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
#Driver=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
URL=jdbc:mysql://localhost/l2jdb <--change "l2jdb" to whatever you name your database navicat etc...
#URL=jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost/l2jdb
#URL=jdbc:sqlserver://localhost/database=l2jdb/user=sa/password=
#Database user info (using root user is not recommended)
Login=root
Password=********
MaximumDbConnections=100
meanoldman

Post by meanoldman »

A bit of advice about this. If you use voting sites, some of them require a different ip for the login server and game server in order to list them. Which can result in only being able to list one of your servers. Outside of assigning multiple ip's to a single box, which isn't hard if you have them available, I do not know a way around this.

I would also advise using a db server on it's own box if you are going to run multiple servers on a single login. Assuming they are shared databases I mean. That makes it easier for ban controls on accounts as well as accessing account related information from both machines. Also of greater importance is that you can face issues with one server running off the same db engine while the other server is restarting.
rpgsearcherz

Post by rpgsearcherz »

To confirm, you mean "db engine" as being one instance of MySQL, right? Like running two databases off the same MySQL instance?

I'm actually pretty new to most of this stuff, so I'm learning as I go, but what you said does make a lot of sense (I knew nothing at all about the voting sites though, :P). For the IP's, you could do it kind of like a domain, where you have two or more IP's that "forward" to your main one, correct?

And thanks a lot for your input!