Java without JVM

Have you created a useful tool? or Do you want to get help building one? This is the right place!
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
BiggBoss
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: Java without JVM

Post by BiggBoss »

Well, the goal of compile to native code is that, no need to have the java enviroment in your computer. Make servers app compile to native code is useless, first as you said, you loose dynamic calls and compile in time classes as its done right now in L2J. Also, the compiler i mentioned in the first post, the owners advice you loose eficiency of software run due the translate, so that make more unable to do it for l2j.
IMHO, the great point is to build small app, mainly GUIs, so your user does not have to java installed. Yea, i know learn c++ for example will make it more easie: the program will not loose efficiency by translation and most of your users will can use it (depends on which platform is based)...but due lack of time and if you alredy know Java, this one will give you a chance.

i did not know what was GCC (just googled it), so maybe i can find in there something for java -> native
Vapulabe

Re: Java without JVM

Post by Vapulabe »

Have a look at http://mingw.sf.net... it's a good GCC and such environment for windows...