Mass Email ?

Have you created a useful tool? or Do you want to get help building one? This is the right place!
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
janiii
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: Mass Email ?

Post by janiii »

just look into the source of the php script and you see what it does. so you know the security risks if there are some. in the script are no risks, nothing is deleted or changed, nothing is sent elsewhere. you can freely use it.
DO NOT EVEN TRY TO MESS WITH ME!
forum flOOder dancing dEVILoper
I don't give private support - PM will be ignored!
neo25

Re: Mass Email ?

Post by neo25 »

momo61 wrote:
Aikimaniac wrote:
DrHouse wrote:If you dont provide the connection data to the script how are you going to parse the emails? :D

BTW looks like now you are concerned on security :) start by not using root
you must first try to explain him how to correctly setup access rights and how to create new user maybe :)
I know how to correctly setup access rights. I use multiple users for various things and scripts, so there's no problem there. What I could do is download all the accounts table, and then delete all the account info except for the email. I'd then install it on my home-PC and send out the email.
Why not just make a new table that stores only the e-mails and then add a few lines of code in the ACM that you are using to insert into two tables instead of just one. Then use a different user account that only has access to that table with the e-mails to send out the notifications. That way you are secured with the user access. Simple edits really. :roll: