Problem with buy-shop

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Notorious

Problem with buy-shop

Post by Notorious »

L2J Revision Number: 3136
L2JDP Revision Number: 6210

Ok, I don't know if it's the client, or if it's the server, but maybe you can help me on this!

Whenever I try to set up a buy-shop, and try to buy more than 1 item, it will fail on me. Everything will look normal, he sits down in buy-position, and no error ingame.
On the console however, I get this:

test: Attempt to add invalid item to Tradelist!

If I then cancel the shop, the following happens:
If I tried to buy 2 items, only the first item is still in the list.
If I tried to buy 3 items (and now it becomes really weird), the first item is there, the 3'd is completely gone, and the second is transformed into a "Short Sword" that I'm trying to buy for 65535 adena. I of course have no such item on me.
The total price for all items is also 65535 adena, so the first item - which is still in the list - is not accounted for in the total price.

I talked to other players on the server, and they had no problems buying 2 or more items.
That's when I started to think something was wrong with my client.
I fired up the old client, the one I had a backup of from before the update of 2nd of June - when the party-bugg appeared. Behold, it worked perfectly! This got me believing even more it was my client.
I then tried on another computer in the house, also with the newest client, and it didn't work either.
I called a relative, located in another part of the country, and they had same problem.

I went back to the newer client, and did a full check on it. Didn't work.
I deleted the new client, made a copy of the old, and updated it, then did a full scan, and it updated a little more. Fully updated now, but it still didn't work.
Talked again to other players ingame, and made sure they had the newest client, and they did, and they could buy!

Next day - today - I install (fresh install with the 'CT2.3_Live_152.zip' package) on a third computer, located at work (shhh....don't tell anybody!), with differnet OS than at home, and different ISP...all different... and it still doesn't work!

I make a clean core and datapack and update my test-server with it. Nope don't work either.
I clean out the database and installs a fresh copy of all tables. All characters and accounts gone! I make a new char and make a buy-shop, trying to buy soe to kamael, adventurers soe, and a tutorial guide, all for 1 adena a piece... AND IT DOESN'T WORK!!!! LOL! Tutorial guide is gone, adventurers guide transformed into a Short Sword again... and same error on the console!

So, I'm out of ideas of what it could be.

Any thoughts? :)
Evilus

Re: Problem with buy-shop

Post by Evilus »

Is this when you just make a shop or make a shop and log it out after?
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

When I make a shop. Still logged in. And when I stand up again, I get the problem, but the problem occurs when I sit down, 'cause that's when I get the message in the console.
Evilus

Post by Evilus »

sounds like client problem, don't know what else to tell you. Don't know what else it could be,
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

I now noticed I cannot see soulcrystals of level below 11?! They are there, and you see info about it if you click on it, but there's not picture, just a black box. Could be connected!

Correction: Only the red soulcrystals are invisible.
toastgodsupreme

Post by toastgodsupreme »

Easy way to produce this problem...
Get a giant's codex.
Start a BUY store.
Drag the codex into the bottom part.
Enter price.
Enter a quanity > 2.
Hit start.

Error.

You'll get similar errors in console such as:
xxxxxx: Attempt to add invalid item to TradeList!
Erb

Post by Erb »

From what I can tell, retail changed the packet structure. Try to buy more then 2 items and the server reads the wrong info.

(If it works fine for you, update your client)

Sniffed packet:

http://pastebin.com/m39e4b39e
Erb

Post by Erb »

Possible fix. (Tested on my server)
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=11760
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Thanks, I will try it out!
Notorious

Post by Notorious »

Yes, seems to be working OK! Thanks!

Now, I better make a new thread about the soulcrystals being invisible...