Server Connection.

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
J0Y

Server Connection.

Post by J0Y »

L2J Revision 3102:
L2JDP Revision 6164:

Ok i'm down to my last nerves with this and I need some assistance. I cannot login to my own server (only on 127.0.0.1) but I want others to connect. I know I set everything up right because I have done it a million times. Ill prove I set it up right.
Host File Screen:
Login Server Screen:
Game Server Screen:

NOTE: my lan ip SCREEN: Image

My WAN Ip Screen: Image

And I know I'm using Gracia Final, I'm not that retarded. Could someone figure out the problem, I simply dont understand, everything is set up correct.
toastgodsupreme

Re: Server Connection.

Post by toastgodsupreme »

Read this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=81&t=11606

Actually, just read the first post, and if your network set up matches this picture:
http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/4972/49960988.jpg

Then follow my example at the bottom.
J0Y

Post by J0Y »

Alright, and If my router doesnt have an option to forwarding ports, is there any other way to forward ports?
Because when I go to my router option (192.168.0.10 in my browser) It has no option for forwarding ports looking every where.
toastgodsupreme

Post by toastgodsupreme »

J0Y wrote:Alright, and If my router doesnt have an option to forwarding ports, is there any other way to forward ports?
Because when I go to my router option (192.168.0.10 in my browser) It has no option for forwarding ports looking every where.
O_oa unless your router is powered by a hamster running in a wheel it should have those options somewhere.

You could always stick the server in the DMZ. Basically it'll be completely exposed and not protected by the router, but yeah... hope you have a decent firewall.
lishawj

Post by lishawj »

O_oa unless your router is powered by a hamster running in a wheel it should have those options somewhere.

You could always stick the server in the DMZ. Basically it'll be completely exposed and not protected by the router, but yeah... hope you have a decent firewall.
:lol:

If your device is called a router, then chances are that it can do port forwarding unless it falls into the router category that is powered by hamster as indicated by above member. Best option for you now it to Google the make, model of your router and look for "port forwarding" instructions on the unit.

I also noticed you mentioned that you CAN NOT log into your own server without connecting locally using 127.0.0.1 meaning you are running the server and playing the game from the same box. If this is the case, you may also have a firewall issue if other computers on the same LAN can not get to your server. Double check and re-check all your settings and firewall rules.

Best regards.
J0Y

Post by J0Y »

Yeah ok I found out how to forward had to login as Admin lol. Thanks for the help guys.
Vapulabe

Post by Vapulabe »

You should NEVER use the same computer for L2J and L2 (client).

Game Guard may block the loading of some critical parts of Java (like awl.dll), not counting other network issues and such.