How to make the server public?

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
pokiokio

Re: How to make the server public?

Post by pokiokio »

What do you mean? "Public IP"?
Prolly the youngest L2j user :P
lishawj

Post by lishawj »

A couple of things you may want to double check in your settings:

1) Login Server config file has same external IP address as it does in Game Server config. (http://www.whatismyip.com to check your external IP address)

2) You need to add port forwarding rules in your router for port 2106 (Login Server) and port 7777 (game server) to the internal IP address of the computer/server running the L2J software. *** I suspect this is where you're getting snagged, so make sure you have both 2106 and 7777 forwarded to your internal IP. ***

3) You need to modified your hosts.txt (for players connecting to your L2J box) file in C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc and add the following lines:

XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX L2authd.lineage2.com
{External IP Add}

216.107.250.194 nprotect.lineage2.com
{Gameguard Server IP}

Your server should work after this.
pokiokio

Post by pokiokio »

I have just replaced my annoying router to a modem , what do I do for ports now?
Prolly the youngest L2j user :P
lishawj

Post by lishawj »

pokiokio wrote:I have just replaced my annoying router to a modem , what do I do for ports now?

You'll now need software port forwarding but that is now a different topic you'll need to research by yourself. Basically, as I had mentioned before, you need port forwarding to your login server and game server if you want others to be able to connect to it. Without port forwarding, you'll only be able to connect locally from within the same LAN (local area network).

My recommendation is to get a Linksys router or any cheapy router that allows you to configure port forwarding.