Hello,need few opinions here ^^

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Eray

Hello,need few opinions here ^^

Post by Eray »

Hello,after almost a year(and so) I decided to 'comeback' to l2j world.
I used to spend my free time on coding back then,I used to do many experiments with my ideas in order to see my skills too.Tho,I had to read for my exams,the last year of school,thats why I decided to quit.Now,im over with exams and i decided to start again.

I used to work with interlude,only.I've never touched another client.

I made this topic in order to give me few help/instructions/opinions since i have no idea how the things are going these days.

My Plan.
Im about to start a serious project,and after few months i'll turn it into server.

What i want from you:
Opinions about client,as i told u i never touched any other package,only IL.Tho,I know that IL is a bit outdated and need a lot of work.Im thinking smthing like gracia final/epilogue(give me your opinions here,but pls explain why aswell)

since it's been a long time since i did smthing on the eclipse(coding mainly),i wanna know if is there any guide regarding coding,i wanna remember few things.(i do remember the basics,sadly)

Thanks.
xban1x
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: Hello,need few opinions here ^^

Post by xban1x »

In my opinion stick to latest beta :D.

I'd like to give you advice, but i've joined here this January so i got no experience for older chronicles.

In any case i welcome you back, and hope you will help us with testing and reporting :)
Eray

Post by Eray »

xban1x wrote:In my opinion stick to latest beta :D.

I'd like to give you advice, but i've joined here this January so i got no experience for older chronicles.

In any case i welcome you back, and hope you will help us with testing and reporting :)
Thanks for the fast response dude,but i dont like the last chronicles's gameplay,especially after gf/ge.
too much skills,armors,weapons and such.

thanks tho ^^
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

You should check out aCis project. L2J IL has long been known for tons of bugs and you will have to spend a lot of time fixing them if you're planning to make it usable. That project has made a lot of progress though they're still nowhere near finished.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Zoey76 »

There are too many Interlude servers, badly managed, both L2j and L2Off, both retail like and custom, not a good idea.
The Kamael is probably the worst of all the stuff they created.
The Hellbound is not that bad, but without doing a huge work implementing Hellbound it's almost useless to waste time on it.
Gracia 1 and 2 they look like half finished games, both client and server.
Gracia Final there are too many L2Off servers around to be able to have a chance to succeed.
Gracia Epilogue is nice, but you will have to lot of time to complete all the features it's missing at the moment.
About Freya I like it, but again you will have to rework it to include features, it's core is good compare to all the previous mentioned.
High Five 1 to 4 non-existent.
High Five 5 there are some L2Off servers and lot of L2j servers, it's currently in development and supported by us, it's the most evolved core/dp version.
Goddess of Destruction+ there are forks that started this chronicle before us, I cannot give you an opinion about their code or support, but there are not (maybe none) open source, so you will depend on paid or leaked versions.