Hellbound quarry slave bahavior

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Ghurdyl

Hellbound quarry slave bahavior

Post by Ghurdyl »

Hello,

My players have reached level 5 at hellbound and they are now complaining because is seems to be almost impossible to bring the quarry slave to the escape zone.
The slaves are following the player for a while and eventually stop and go back to their spawn. If you talk to it again it follows for an even shorter time and eventually go back.
It's like they don't want to cross an invisible barrier.

I checked everything I could think of, I don't see any reason why it stops following the character.

I tried with my GM character. I could succeed to bring few slaves with a 90% success rate. I noticed that indeed sometimes a slave just goes back whatever you do.
I also observed the player and saw that when they do exactly what I do the slaves don't go but almost every time !?
I tired myself with a character of mine and could not do what I did with the GM.
I am rally lost on this.

As I don't know how it's supposed to work, i'd like to have some advice/hint of the reason why slaves stop following.

Also, reading the quarry script, I saw a strange line. When the NPC start following, the server sets its rHand to 9136 ( npc.setRHandId(9136); ) but why does he equip a "Sword of Valakas (1-Handed)" ?!

Thanks for any help.
~Ghurdyl~
"If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life" :)
Ghurdyl

Re: Hellbound quarry slave bahavior

Post by Ghurdyl »

Hmm,

None seems to be inspired ...

My players also reported that they can succeeded to bring some salve to the exit point more easily when they are alone in the quarry.
When they are few players, and especially in parties, it becomes extremely hard to bring slaves down the hill.

Can anyone point me where and how the "Follow" AI behavior is coded so that I can try to track down the reason(s) why the NPC stop the AI action it was assigned ?
~Ghurdyl~
"If you give a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life" :)