Port problem..

If something doesn't fit in any other forum then post it here.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Krepst

Port problem..

Post by Krepst »

Hey guys,i am trying to open ports,i dont know what the problem is..
I'm using windows 7.
No antivirus.
Router ip : 192.168.0.1
External ip: 84.240.6.213
I already opened in router :
Also i made rule in "Inbound rules" and "outband rules" ( I dont know if outbound rule needed,but i done it also..)
I am checking if port is open here : http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/
P.s I checked all ports but only 53 port can be opened... I dont know why,but i can open 53 port only.
Sorry for poor english and thanks for answers
BiggBoss
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: Port problem..

Post by BiggBoss »

192.168.0.1 is a reserved ip and is only used to identify the main node. You must get your lan ip from, for example,
run > cmd > ipconfig
Krepst

Post by Krepst »

Code: Select all

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:    Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : skynet.lt   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2cf4:1695:a924:b3d0%10   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.103   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
So i have to open port for my lan IP ?
As i understand my lan ip 192.168.0.103
But then i open port for this ip ,nothing happen.. Still closed.
oh.. i dont know what to do.. I trying to open ports all week.. I am sick of that..
BiggBoss
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by BiggBoss »

almost al routers needs to be reinitialized after open ports and, if you have dynamic ip, you would have to change on hosts file. So be sure you are using the correct ip in hosts file to connect to server. And remember that to play from the same machine where the server is you have to use 127.0.0.1 or your inner ip (192.168.0.103)
Krepst

Post by Krepst »

What you mean reinitialized? I cant find translate for it :)
I think it means restart or smth ?
And why i can open port 53 without any problems ?
Man ,what i am trying to do is just open ports.. I dont care about connection to server. First of all to run gameserver.bat i need to open port cause i get fatal error jvm_bind. On 127.0.0.1 it works fine.
I think hosts file is not releated to ports ? Am i wrong ?
Then i have ports opened,i gonna take care of other problems like hosts and ip`s..
p.s i am connected to router directly does it change anything ?

Hosts file:

# Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp.## This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.## This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one# space.## Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.## For example:##      102.54.94.97     rhino.acme.com          # source server#       38.25.63.10     x.acme.com              # x client host # localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself.#   127.0.0.1       localhost#   ::1             localhost127.0.0.1         L2authd.Lineage2.com84.240.6.213      L2authd.Lineage2.com
BiggBoss
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by BiggBoss »

so, if are not taking care about server connection and so, how are you testing if the ports are still closed?
Krepst

Post by Krepst »

http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/
Here.
and i cant run loginserver.bat and gameserver.bat cause i get fatal error,beacause of port. As i said on 127.0.0.1 working fine.
Help ;X
afk5min

Post by afk5min »

If you get a fatal error on Socket#bind(), that means some other application is already listening on that port in your computer. Please close that application and proceed.
Compute sequentially, true or false?

p :- p.p. ?- p.
Krepst

Post by Krepst »

solved.