DDOS Attack

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
r0x

Re: DDOS Attack

Post by r0x »

Szponiasty wrote:
r0x wrote:Look what I found:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/Aa302363

Same as "SYN cookies" of Linux.
The goal of successful DDoS is making host unaccesible through internet. So if your os starts dropping packets and doesnt reply to requests = DDoS is successful (how you determine during DDoS which requests are valid and which are not?!). So - there is no software protection against DDoS.
Well, after I configured the windows, the attacks stopped.

But I do not know if it was the protection or if they gave up the attack.
regenx

Post by regenx »

Yes, you are right..

I have Win2k8R2 and my native OS firewall was stopped and replaced with another "crap" firewall -> Commodo :P
I was vulnerable to all DDOS attacks on Port 3724 (login from WoW :P), on DNS (from no-ip, i don't know with DynDNS but i think is the same), all UPD/TCP open ports was affected + TCP Mysql .. everything.
I am not have Apache istalled, only IIS.

Next Crashes from flooding: :P
Login port from login server for WoW was down everytime,
Lineage 2 was UP.

Machine was not affected and i have 2 servers on this win2k8R2 machine:
Processor Core 2 DUO (in flooding was up to 10% :PPP)
Ram 8 GM DDR2. (no problems)

Now on the same machine i have L2 Freya, Aion and 2 Realms for WoW ;)
with native Firewall = ON (Public and Private), IPSec = ON, akamay service = ON (for dropping packets from flooding :P) and nothing more.

Good Luck!
I can guarante for this anti flood configuration for everyone (80% attackers will fail) :)

btw, MxC (maxcheaters) was down for 2 weeks and they are on Ubuntu Linux, with all things updated iptables and everything and FAIL! :P
regenx

Post by regenx »

Aikimaniac wrote:nobody can help you except your ISP
Even your ISP can't hep you :P Why? ISP can ban and put restriction for some IP's if you send your OS logs to them.
Because with spoofing attacks from an entire community like (i.e AC-web) nobody can't survive :P

Anyway flooding is illegal and attacker/attackers can be viewed in TCP clients and they can go to JAIL. :)
l2chaos

Post by l2chaos »

Maraxer wrote:If you have some mysql query quota set and somebody makes your server to make lot of query's by DDOS than Mysql will deny every query in next hour. So if you set

Code: Select all

MAX QUERIES PER HOUR 0  MAX UPDATES PER HOUR  0 MAX CONNECTIONS PER HOUR 0 
than Mysql probably won't shut down. But it's better to deal with attackers by some flood protector.
how put this man
JMD
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by JMD »

l2chaos wrote:
Maraxer wrote:If you have some mysql query quota set and somebody makes your server to make lot of query's by DDOS than Mysql will deny every query in next hour. So if you set

than Mysql probably won't shut down. But it's better to deal with attackers by some flood protector.
how put this man
wild guess this is on my.ini of mysql.
Maraxer

Post by Maraxer »

In phpmyadmin > Permissions > chose user you use for server
I would gladly share my custom mods, but I can't because I don't have 20 posts.
It almost rhymes :D
l2chaos

Post by l2chaos »

JMD wrote:
l2chaos wrote:

how put this man
wild guess this is on my.ini of mysql.
i have mysql 5.5 and dont have this
MELERIX
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by MELERIX »

lol, if you do that, you will block your own server xD

and btw mysql service deny all mysql remote connection by default, except when you have a mysql user account where "remote for all" is allowed.

so, don't enable mysql remote account for all, only allow a specific IP ;)
Szponiasty
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Szponiasty »

No. Let them do that. Seriously, is this still going to be an forums to "learn java or just copy what u find"? Or we're gonna show that open source means business :P Check out how's Blender look like nowadays. Open Source can be very very good these days. I think its time to rise level ;)
And in the next chronicle they went into space, fighting the evil empire... In a galaxy far, far away xD