A little question

If something doesn't fit in any other forum then post it here.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
XSephirotX

A little question

Post by XSephirotX »

what is the best sincronisation in the CONFIG

# This is setting of experimental Client <--> Server Player coordinates synchronization,
# 0 - no synchronization at all
# 1 - parcial synchronization Client --> Server only * using this option it is difficult for players to bypass obstacles
# 2 - parcial synchronization Server --> Client only
# 3 - full synchronization Client <--> Server
# -1 - Old system: will synchronize Z only
CoordSynchronize = ???
xicoloco

Post by xicoloco »

here is note the forum to ask ... but depends in what you want to happen to your server each option ...
DrLecter
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by DrLecter »

it seems like value 1 works well enough, without lagging the server like 3. but needs more testing tho.
Search HERE. Read HERE. Then write.
XSephirotX

Post by XSephirotX »

so , use 1 => parcial synchronization Client --> Server only * using this option it is difficult for players to bypass obstacles ?

but whit the 3 =>full synchronization Client <--> Server . Reduce lag?
slyce
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by slyce »

I have tested all options for about one day:

0 - DON'T USE THIS!
1 - works well. only a few sync problems (we use it)
2 - player teleports around a lot while running and aggro is totally messed up
3 - good sync. somtimes player teleports while running. takes a lot of resources so it creates lags (you have to test if your server has more problems with sync or with lag)
-1 - everyone knows it *g*

in conclusion I would recommend using -1, 1 or 3 depending on the computer you are running the server on.
XSephirotX

Post by XSephirotX »

My PC is....

"Pentium" "4" 2.8 buss 800, 3gbs ram, gforce 4 128. bla bla bla bla.

I wish 0 lag.

What is your recomendation for my? -1, 1 or 3

P.D: increase the conección: Those that uses Windows XP , the XP reserv 20% of coneccion, for which they have a single PC this does not serve to them. So that they have 100% of coneccion is following it:

1- "Beginning-Execute" and "writes gpedit.msc" and presses "Enter" (Aparecerá el editor de directivas de grupo en la izquierda)

2- "Configuration of the equipment" - "administrative groups" - "network", in the windows of the right beam click on "Programmer of QoS package" and soon in "limiting reserved bandwidth".

3- In the "configuration" eyelash it selects Qualified. In the pull-down menu it "limits of bandwidth writes 0". We accepted and already we will be taking advantage of all our bandwidth.