DMCA takedown

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
lord_rex

Re: DMCA takedown

Post by lord_rex »

Zealar wrote:Image

:problem: :problem: :problem:
This is not a laughing matter. Immediate action is required from the management.
Last edited by lord_rex on Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You're right. I have forgotten how to act like a normal human being. And I play games and I lie and I trick people to avoid the truth of how I feel.
Sacrifice
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Sacrifice »

lord_rex wrote:
Zealar wrote:Image

:problem: :problem: :problem:
No jokes. Immediate action is required from the management.
If thats true... yes. I repeat that L2J repos NOTS ILLEGAL... its illegal make a profit hosting servers using donations by users that play.

FREE SERVERS NOTS ILLEGAL, hosted or not hosted.
lord_rex

Post by lord_rex »

Also I've just read on MXC that the word "lineage" and it's forms (Lineage 2, Lineage II) are trademarks. So possibly it is their subterfuge that this word was used on the site/in the code.

PS: NCZ0ft's new manager will surely get his new car. :)
You're right. I have forgotten how to act like a normal human being. And I play games and I lie and I trick people to avoid the truth of how I feel.
monakian

Post by monakian »

hi guys, sorry to bother you and as i cant find it anywhere else, ill ask here. Does someone got uploaded the sources from last revision?. I need them SO BAD :D
Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks in advance =)
(hope they get the git up in no time)
Sdw
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Sdw »

I would fight it personally, they made it DCMA violation but they should have done EULA. Too bad for them :D
LasTravel

Post by LasTravel »

Move back to SVN :eh:
lord_rex

Post by lord_rex »

LasTravel wrote:Move back to SVN :eh:
Would be the noobest step ever. Use Bitbucket or pikacode.com in the worst case scenario. ;)
Sacrifice
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Sacrifice »

I vote for bitbucket. How many more ppl???.
Meanwhile i will do deleting my account in github... since now... I hate GITHUB.
lord_rex

Post by lord_rex »

Sacrifice wrote:I vote for bitbucket. How many more ppl???.
Meanwhile i will do deleting my account in github... since now... I hate GITHUB.
It is not their fault. They're just afraid that they get into a lawsuit. They do what they're ordered to do, like good soldiers.
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Zoey76 »

I'm working on this, an official press release will be done in the following hours.