DMCA takedown

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
vangog

Re: DMCA takedown

Post by vangog »

The main thing on assembla everything is OK without changes and any Takedown DMCA. :|
Sacrifice
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Sacrifice »

I restored my GitHub Account again... YOU WIN!!!. :+1: I hope that now GitHub cant fuck me again with stupiditys...
Nik
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Nik »

Gelo Sunday at 18:58
Hi there,

Thank you for bringing this up to us.

Please be inform that the statement that you saw and github is not associated to NCZ0ft. We will forward this to our management and will investigate this issue further.

Once again, thank you for reporting this things to us.

If you have other concern or question, please don't hesitate to inform us again.

Warmest regards,

Gelo
NCZ0ft Support Team
Playing a game where you know how every single mechanism works is quite satisfying.
Its the main perk that a gamer-developer has :D
SaveGame

Post by SaveGame »

Nik wrote:
Hi there,

Please be inform that the statement that you saw and github is not associated to NCZ0ft. We will forward this to our management and will investigate this issue further.

If you have other concern or question, please don't hesitate to inform us again.

Warmest regards,

Gelo
NCZ0ft Support Team
Sounds like lord_rex was right. Digital harassment at its finest.
lord_rex

Post by lord_rex »

SaveGame wrote:
Nik wrote:
Hi there,

Warmest regards,

Gelo
NCZ0ft Support Team
Sounds like lord_rex was right. Digital harassment at its finest.
If my crazy theory was right, then NCZ0ft shall know that someone (who uses their literally stolen files) speaking on their behalf to terminate legal emulator projects & servers which were standing as a major advertisement for years. :D
You're right. I have forgotten how to act like a normal human being. And I play games and I lie and I trick people to avoid the truth of how I feel.
gajet55

Post by gajet55 »

If you want I can provide my server to create a git server for your team.
However, I think that you already have a plan.
JMD
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by JMD »

Any alternative way to get the source?
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Zoey76 »

Regardless of Nik's email, we have started legal actions to countermesure this.

This things take time, and I'm not able to say more about this at this time.
Powered by Eclipse 4.30 🌌 | Eclipse Temurin 21 ☕ | MariaDB 11.3.2 🗃️ | L2J Server 2.6.3.0 - High Five 🚀

🔗 Join our Discord! 🎮💬
Sacrifice
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Sacrifice »

Zoey76 wrote:Regardless of Nik's email, we have started legal actions to countermesure this.

This things take time, and I'm not able to say more about this at this time.
Perfect!!!... Thanks @Zoey76 for info us and @Nik for his help of course.

1000 years of //ban_char for those who send DMCA to L2J repos.
Aikimaniac
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Aikimaniac »

Not sure if contacting NCZ0ft regarding if they started anything against us is helpful..
Sacrifice
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Sacrifice »

Aikimaniac wrote:Not sure if contacting NCZ0ft regarding if they started anything against us is helpful..
I think that if NCZ0ft wants to fight with L2J.... they was pronuncied in other way more strongly... but its my opinion no more, no less. Hear similar that a man or woman that want to fuck L2J by his reasons (not fair and not logical too).

I repeat... L2J is inder GPLv3 licenses... and nots illegal.
SaveGame

Post by SaveGame »

Sacrifice wrote:
Aikimaniac wrote:Not sure if contacting NCZ0ft regarding if they started anything against us is helpful..
I think that if NCZ0ft wants to fight with L2J.... they was pronuncied in other way more strongly... but its my opinion no more, no less. Hear similar that a man or woman that want to fuck L2J by his reasons (not fair and not logical too).

I repeat... L2J is inder GPLv3 licenses... and nots illegal.
What about the content of all those HTML files, that, even when it doesn't match the content created by NC 1:1, looks exactly the same when viewed through the client?

l2jserver and l2jdp were separated for a reason. l2jdp contains thousands of files with directly or indirectly stolen content, and that would not be hard to prove in most jurisdictions.
The question is whether the legal fees required to take action against l2jdp warrant such an approach is a different one.
Sacrifice
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Sacrifice »

We can do whatever we want with HTMLS... till I know... HTML langage is free... otherwise is that HTMLs was obtained from... illegal methods... but that method is very very difficult and nobody want to stain his hands using sniffing methods to gather HTMS. It's my humble and frank opinion.
SaveGame

Post by SaveGame »

Sacrifice wrote:We can do whatever we want with HTMLS... till I know... HTML langage is free... otherwise is that HTMLs was obtained from... illegal methods... but that method is very very difficult and nobody want to stain his hands using sniffing methods to gather HTMS. It's my humble and frank opinion.
If you see a painting and make a copy of it (or something that closely resembles the original to the viewer) [a derivative work of], using painting tools, you cannot argue that everyone can use painting tools.

Because you are not charged for painting, you are charged for making unauthorized copies. We are not talking about just painting something, as in writing some HTML markup, we are talking about re-writing content that was created by someone else.

Even if you only saw the original picture in a photo (e.g. you only saw the text and it's layout through the official client), it still applies.
Sacrifice
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Sacrifice »

SaveGame wrote:
Sacrifice wrote:We can do whatever we want with HTMLS... till I know... HTML langage is free... otherwise is that HTMLs was obtained from... illegal methods... but that method is very very difficult and nobody want to stain his hands using sniffing methods to gather HTMS. It's my humble and frank opinion.
If you see a painting and make a copy of it (or something that closely resembles the original to the viewer) [a derivative work of], using painting tools, you cannot argue that everyone can use painting tools.

Because you are not charged for painting, you are charged for making unauthorized copies. We are not talking about just painting something, as in writing some HTML markup, we are talking about re-writing content that was created by someone else.

Even if you only saw the original picture in a photo (e.g. you only saw the text and it's layout through the official client), it still applies.
Take a look of this...

Assuming you're saying ... I'll tell you ... if we re-write the text ourself, is no longer equal (we re-write ourself, not copy it as is and put it as is), i mean that is not exactly the same. Its the difference between rework that L2J do and the plagiarism.

Dont know if I explained well...