GameGuard problem

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Gabilitron

GameGuard problem

Post by Gabilitron »

Hello, I want to set up a Freya High Five server to run in my computer, or in my WLAN network, that's not too relevant.
I installed Freya h5 client. Then, I try to setup my server following www.l2jserver.com instruccions, with the datapack and server files wich appear in the main page: http://www.l2jserver.com/nightly/. I don't want to modify the client, or whatever, I'm only trying to run it. So I had to copy and rename "l2.bin" to "l2.exe" because, as I understand, it's the only way to do it. (LineageII.exe launcher doesn't work. It forces me to download the last client, Goddness of Destruction, and before of that download and install NCZ0ft Launcher). That's the reason why I renamed bin file to get the exe, I can't run Freya High Five client without update it to GOD, and that client isn't compatible with the l2jserver Nightlies. Actually, I tried to set up the server with GOD client, but it didn't work.

Well, after I renamed the bin file to exe, and I set up my server, wich I think was OK. The problem is in the login screen. It says "Gameguard damaged...error code=124" and then, after minimized and maximized L2 again, it says "Gameguard is not running....error code=610". I tried to erase Gameguard folder in the system directory, but every time I run l2.exe, it appears again, and the problem persists.

I have done exactly the same with the Beta Nightlies and the problem is the same.
Finally, I seeked some "system" folders to replace mine, but most of them were from private servers and they're modificated, so I skipped the GameGuard error, but I can't login in my own server, even editing "ServerAddr" field in "l2.ini" file and the "hosts" file.

That's all. I have been searching and reading posts, really, and I repeat, my intention is only testing. I have read that replacing original system for a gracia system works fine. I could't find that system and I'm not sure that's gonna work on me, so...please, any idea? Something I'm woing wrong?

Thaaaanks
Opiam

Re: GameGuard problem

Post by Opiam »

oh... many words... You must download clear and already UPDATED! client, not clear after installed. updater is very old, you must be read this when deploy it. new 1.3.0 version updater only for GOD. so go to the google or another search and try your search
Last edited by Opiam on Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gabilitron

Post by Gabilitron »

I have download it from gamershell, don't you think it's a reliable source? I don't know where I can get the updated Freya High Five client without using the NCZ0ft Launcher, do you?
Thanks.
Opiam

Post by Opiam »

Gabilitron wrote:I have download it from gamershell, don't you think it's a reliable source? I don't know where I can get the updated Freya High Five client without using the NCZ0ft Launcher, do you?
Thanks.
I dont know too, but I need full update for 273 protocol. now I'm using 267.
you must be download update for your clientversion (start l2.exe with -L2ProtocolVersion param)
I know how You Do It. but on l2jserver community we aren't discuss about modification of the system folder :roll:
arythea

Post by arythea »

I'm using the one off GamersHell and it does contain a gameguard problem, which I fixed by replacing a certain .dll file. I wont post the link to the .dll since I believe they do not support client modding but a quick search of the internet should yield your answer.