BETA & BoneCP

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
jurchiks

Re: BETA & BoneCP

Post by jurchiks »

What were the exact reasons of refusal?
As far as I remember, nobody gave an exact answer.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
Tryskell

Post by Tryskell »

jurchiks wrote:What were the exact reasons of refusal?
As far as I remember, nobody gave an exact answer.
You are launching a meat ball in a pool full of sharks. :lol:

Don't expect something more than "yes" and "no", and mrTJO answered "no", so we must be happy with that.

Onepamopa, what were problems types ? You have to know aswell the different values can seriously f*cked up performances (from my reads on the boneCP forum).

@BiggBoss, if L2J was more "public" and "user friendly", that sort of sterile discussion would never begin. You're free to enlight my and other users knowledges too, with your own experiments of C3P0/boneCP as you seem to know "secret things" (reading your post :D).
ThePhoenixBird
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by ThePhoenixBird »

Actually there is no serious benchmark made using L2j code that proves that boneCP is faster than c3p0
BiggBoss
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by BiggBoss »

@Tryskell i never used bonecp (not even c3p0, since i never owned a server), but i trust the ppl who rejected it some time ago due their long server administration experience
MELERIX
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by MELERIX »

BiggBoss wrote:@Tryskell i never used bonecp (not even c3p0, since i never owned a server), but i trust the ppl who rejected it some time ago due their long server administration experience
thats valid, but remember that BoneCP is active development, so if somebody have tested it in 2009, 2010 or more old builds and having some issues, now these issues probably are not valid for the present :P