Noob Question

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
bjc435

Noob Question

Post by bjc435 »

If you want to receive support we need this info to help you properly.
» Find Revision
L2J Revision Number:
L2JDP Revision Number:

I did some searching but can't find a straight answer. I want to know how to add a server to my server list. Do i make a copy of the server folder i have? Or do i just add a hexid.txt to game server config?

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but would thankful for an answer XD
janiii
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: Noob Question

Post by janiii »

the server has to connect to your login server and yes, it need a hexid.txt in ints config folder with a hexid which is registered on the loginserver it connects to.
DO NOT EVEN TRY TO MESS WITH ME!
forum flOOder dancing dEVILoper
I don't give private support - PM will be ignored!
bjc435

Post by bjc435 »

ok so all i need to do is add a hexid.txt and that will put another server on my server list? if that is all i do how do i make changes to one sever w/o effecting the other one?
bjc435

Post by bjc435 »

i made a copy of my entire server folder, in the new server folder went to regester game server got the hex id, put that in gameserver configs....run the server and it terminates saying failed because address already in use. can't have more than one server on the same IP?
kotk

Post by kotk »

You need to make another DB for the 2nd Game Server and change the Game Server port on the properties file.
krashnburnz

Post by krashnburnz »

Create a complete backup of your first gameserver database with MYSQL Administrator. If you dont have it, you can download it for free http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/gui-tools/5.0.html. Install it, then run it, login to your database with your username, password, hostname

Backing up the Database of the first server:
Now go to backup, Create a new project, click on the database name under "Shcemata", and click the right side arrow to add the database to "Backup Content" window. Now click execute backup now.

Create the new database:
Now create the new database you will be using for the 2nd server using Navicat or whatever program you use to manage your databases.

Restoring a clone to a new database:
Now, go back to MYSQL Administrator. Go to "restore". Now Open the backup file you created before. under "TARGET SCHEMA", click "Another Schema". Now change it to the database you just created for the 2nd server. Click under "options" ---> "Create Databases if they dont exist". Now click START RESTORE. Once completed, you have a complete clone of the original server.

Editing Server files:

Now just copy your entire L2j directory of your server files and paste them whereever you want. get a new hexid, and put it into the hexid.txt file. Edit the "GameserverPort" in the server.properties config file. It must be something different then the default first server(Default is 7777, using 7776 will work fine for the 2nd server). Now also set the server to RequestServerID = 2, since your first server will be using 1.

Editing Login server database:Now go to your login server database with Navicat or whatever you use, and find the "gameserver" table, Inside here you should only see only 1 row for your first server. Now add a new row for data and use the following info .

Server id: 2
Hexid: copy and paste the hexid you generated for the 2nd server
host: put a * under the host column.

Now save the table. You should now be able to start the 2nd server using the new database, and should now be able to see 2 servers on the login screen. Hope this helps