Can't Host and Play on same computer.

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
JM69

Can't Host and Play on same computer.

Post by JM69 »

If you want to receive support we need this info to help you properly.
» Find Revision
L2J Revision Number:2971
L2JDP Revision Number:6016

Hello everybody, well this is my problem, everything loads fine in the server, no errors, its ready to play, then i try to connect with my client on my computer that is hosting the Server and the Game Server Console gets spammed with the same Error something about a Ilegal Connection through a Socket, when i close the game the Error stops appearing, it appears by just opening the client, not trying to connect, i can Login but cant connect to the server, here screenshots:

ThePhoenixBird
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Re: Can't Host and Play on same computer.

Post by ThePhoenixBird »

Actually running the game and hosting the server on the same computer isnt a good idea.
Vapulabe

Post by Vapulabe »

Gameguard plays with all your processes... installing himself in all process-spaces, short-circuitting the network stack, DirectX, the keyboard subsystem, ...

Doing anything beside playing L2 on the computer on which you're running the client is NOT a good idea...
bjc435

Post by bjc435 »

Okay good idea or not, some people do this. Are you saying they are no longer able to do this?
JM69

Post by JM69 »

On CT2.2 i had no problems, now i will try another thing... Thanks for the info.
ThePhoenixBird
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by ThePhoenixBird »

bjc435 wrote:Okay good idea or not, some people do this. Are you saying they are no longer able to do this?
GameGuard issue not related to L2j Server.
GameGuard blocks some ports to avoid external 3rd party software meanwhile you are playing, this can not be avoided, this is not a L2j Server bug or problem, to fix this just run L2j Server in another computer different than the one where you are running the game.

Since any discussion about bypassing GameGuard security isnt allowed here i will close this topic since the answer has been already given.