about ready to kill a server

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
coolcat

about ready to kill a server

Post by coolcat »

L2J Revision 2944:
L2JDP Revision 5991:

this has been a two day fight, day one, when the server went down the server was kicking a prodcall error message, i went it to look at the max and min prodcall and saw that there was no spot in the configure file for it so i zip a back up copy of the server.prop file up to the server and restarted it did not help
day two i reinstalled a back up copy of the server back to the main box, did not help
I cleaned off the server and put a fresh copy up thinking that something was honorably wrong or some setting i set wrong, went back to defaults so do speak thinking that it was that. the question i have is why dose the server log files look like the server is running all my web scripts are running but i can not connect and yes i did check the firewall and no issue there that was the first place i looked, i can trace it right into the box
bottom line i can connect to the log in server but not the game server?
Last edited by coolcat on Thu May 07, 2009 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hartster

Re: about ready to kill a server

Post by Hartster »

sounds like you are trying to connect to a Gracia Part 2 server with a Gracia Final client. Going from the info you have provided. And the protocol values are still in the configs.

Server Properties

# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Misc Server Settings
# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
# This is the server ID that the Game Server will request.
# Example: 1 = Bartz
# Default: 1
RequestServerID = 1

# True = The Login Server will give an other ID to the server if the requested ID is already reserved.
# Default: True
AcceptAlternateID = True

# Datapack root directory.
# Defaults to current directory from which the server is started unless the below line is uncommented.
#DatapackRoot = C:/Work/tmp/DataPack

# Define how many players are allowed to play simultaneously on your server.
# Default: 100
MaximumOnlineUsers = 100

# Minimum and maximum protocol revision that server allow to connect.
# Warning: You must make sure that the minimum revision is always less than or equal to the maximum revision.
# Default: 12
MinProtocolRevision = 12

# Default: 17
MaxProtocolRevision = 17
lishawj

Post by lishawj »

I'm not entirely sure that I followed you correctly but I think what you're saying is that you can't connect to your L2J server and all settings seems to be normal? If that is the case, try the following:

1) If connecting via LAN/playing locally, verify your IP address to the box has NOT changed.

2) If connecting from outside of your LAN, verify that your external IP address has NOT changed (if you're assigned dynamic IP by your ISP provider).

3) Verify your server and login config settings matches the IP results from 1 and 2.

4) Turn off firewall, verify port forwarding is set to 2106 for LS and 7777 to GS.

5) Verify your network card (NIC) on the server is working properly.

6) If you still can't connect, change your LS and GS external IP to defaults (which is * or 127.0.0.1) and see if you can connect locally from the server).

7) Try recompiling a brand new build from the SVN.

8) You can't connect to a Gracia Part 2 Server with a Gracia Final Client. Un-install your client, make a shortcut to C:\Program files\Lineage II\System\L2.exe and run the game using that shortcut. Delete the default shortcut placed on your desktop.

9) After all these steps and should you still fail to connect, I don't know what else to tell you because you need to have a bit of technical background to troubleshoot a server after it fails.
coolcat

Post by coolcat »

lishawj wrote:I'm not entirely sure that I followed you correctly but I think what you're saying is that you can't connect to your L2J server and all settings seems to be normal? If that is the case, try the following:

1) If connecting via LAN/playing locally, verify your IP address to the box has NOT changed.

2) If connecting from outside of your LAN, verify that your external IP address has NOT changed (if you're assigned dynamic IP by your ISP provider).

3) Verify your server and login config settings matches the IP results from 1 and 2.

4) Turn off firewall, verify port forwarding is set to 2106 for LS and 7777 to GS.

5) Verify your network card (NIC) on the server is working properly.

6) If you still can't connect, change your LS and GS external IP to defaults (which is * or 127.0.0.1) and see if you can connect locally from the server).

7) Try recompiling a brand new build from the SVN.

8) You can't connect to a Gracia Part 2 Server with a Gracia Final Client. Un-install your client, make a shortcut to C:\Program files\Lineage II\System\L2.exe and run the game using that shortcut. Delete the default shortcut placed on your desktop.

9) After all these steps and should you still fail to connect, I don't know what else to tell you because you need to have a bit of technical background to troubleshoot a server after it fails.
1. i have a static ip
2. the tech at the data center told me that he ip has not changed
3. everything has been 3x checked
4. there is no firewall until i get this running correctly
5. they again told me the hardware is working
6. verified and correct
7. that is the current server I'm having issue with as well
8. im using a part 2 client
9. took your suggestion and went one step further and looked at the ports as well and found that that was the issue, the ports were not correct on the log in server as well as the game server. when these values were correct and restarted it and it fired right up
lishawj

Post by lishawj »

Aren't you glad you didn't kill the server? :)

Sometimes in our haste to try and fix an issue(s) we do miss the most obvious causes of the problem.