Protocol Difference and Packet Error

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Yuri909

Protocol Difference and Packet Error

Post by Yuri909 »

L2J Revision
version=2943
builddate=20090429_0500
detailed info:
http://l2jserver.com/svn/trunk/L2_GameServer
http://l2jserver.com/svn
2009-04-22T11:31:29.290540Z
DrHouse
:

L2JDP Revision
version=5990
builddate=20090429_0503
detailed info:
file:///var/www/svn/L2J-DP/trunk/datapack_development
file:///var/www/svn/L2J-DP
2009-04-28T14:40:27.812621Z
Kerberos
:

Okay, on default settings when I try to connect to my server I get a protocol difference error ingame and the server window says protcol differnece 83 or something so out of curiosity I change allowance to 90 just to test it and I was allowed in. When I went to make a new character the game was kind of weird about my name saying I was trying to use more than 16 characters then I created the character and in my character menu it had the deleteion timer over its head all at 0 and when I click on it it asks if I want to cancel the timer I click yes and it just glitches him back to the floor with the timer still there and some other stuff above his head is messed up. I have the latest updates from L2 and this server information is from the latest nightly.
Yuri909

Re: Protocol Difference and Packet Error

Post by Yuri909 »

Error believed to be due to fully updated client. Sorry to keep wasting forum space.
rpgsearcherz

Post by rpgsearcherz »

Yes, protocol 83 error is due to being fully updated. I edited the server to allow protocol 83 and then it would let me log in but it's buggy...Makes all your new chars auto-delete, spawns you in the ground, etc. So just wait for the l2j devs to get around to changing it, :).
Yuri909

Post by Yuri909 »

Yeah. Well, I renamed my L2 folder then reinstalled part 2 but of all things to go wrong... game guard is corrupt and won't fix whenever I delete it and reload it.
rpgsearcherz

Post by rpgsearcherz »

I'm still downloading CT2.2 so I'll let you know when I finish if I have the same issue as you do. If so we can work together to resolve it, :).
Kane Hart

Post by Kane Hart »

So what should I do since Im starting a server lol?
blacksea

Post by blacksea »

Kane Hart wrote:So what should I do since Im starting a server lol?
next step. close it
Kane Hart

Post by Kane Hart »

blacksea wrote:
Kane Hart wrote:So what should I do since Im starting a server lol?
next step. close it
Why not go back to WoW
ThePhoenixBird
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by ThePhoenixBird »

Bad behavior isnt neccesary please dont flame newbies you bunch of bastards!

Yuri wait for a few days untill the Gracia Final release of L2j Server that will be fully compatible with the updated client. Actually there is no ETA for the release but it should be soon, stay tunned.
Yuri909

Post by Yuri909 »

lol I already have a community of a little less than a dozen players on interlude (it was the easier download to find so we took it since it worked) and we're just waiting. The datapack posted with interlude in the old nightlies is registered as a non-compatible build to the server though it seems to work anyway. I was suprised seeing as I thought the GM menu was more developed before the one thats in that datapack O.o.