Events **resolved**

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
bjc435

Events **resolved**

Post by bjc435 »

If you want to receive support we need this info to help you properly.
» Find Revision
L2J Revision Number: 3155
L2JDP Revision Number: 6245

I want to make all mobs drop medals. The last time i did this, i just downloaded an event.rar extracted it, and changed the event period dates to get it working. This is what i have now:

Code: Select all

<Event ID="L2 Day Event" Active="01 Aug 2008-31 Dec 2020">    <Droplist>       <AllDrop Items="6392" Count="1,1" Chance="5%" />   </Droplist>    <Droplist>       <AllDrop Items="6393" Count="1,1" Chance="2%" />   </Droplist>    <Message Type="OnJoin" Msg="Medals Event: Collect Medals and take them to NPC willie in Giran" />    </Event>
It doesn't seem to work. This might be a stupid question, but do these not work anymore with Final? I tried the valentines one in faenor, and it didnt start either.

And do you have to have a zip or rar file in the faenor folder with the xml file?
This is what i'm getting

Event ID <L2 Day Event> has passed..... Ignored 
Last edited by bjc435 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
bjc435

Re: Events **with resolved**

Post by bjc435 »

Okay i figured it out, and messed with his all day. Maybe people should know this already, but for us noobs here is what the issue is. :mrgreen:

A little guide if you will:

If you Download an event script that someone else wrote for example:

<Event ID="Medals Event" Active="24 Dec 2005-26 Dec 2008">    <Droplist>       <AllDrop Items="6392" Count="1,1" Chance="15%" />   </Droplist>    <Droplist>       <AllDrop Items="6393" Count="1,1" Chance="10%" />   </Droplist>   <Message Type="OnJoin" Msg="Glittering Medals Event: You can collect medals and take them to NPC Jill in giran for rewards!" />    <EventEnd>       <Take From="AllPlayers">            <Item ItemID="6392-6393"></Item>        </Take>      </EventEnd> </Event>
You will notice this line:

Active="24 Dec 2005-26 Dec 2008">

This is the obvious part, but just in case you don't know that is a start/end date. It is passed 26th of dec 2008 so it will get ignored. change the end date to 26 Dec 2099 or something. That means the event will go on until 2099.

Here is where i was messing up. after you alter that date you have to get rid of the zip file that you downloaded and rezip the altered xml doc. For me i have winrar and was just noticing the icon (stack of books) not paying attention to the file extension of what i Downloaded, or the valentine event that was is already in the folder. i was making my altered xml a rar file.

So what you need to do is make sure you are making it a ZIP file not rar file

Took me all day to figure out that silly little mistake