Can't rename some NPCs

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Thunderb0lt

Can't rename some NPCs

Post by Thunderb0lt »

L2J Revision: 3149
L2JDP Revision: 6237

I tried to update my server from Part 2 to Final yesterday. It seemd to be successfull in general but there is a small problem I'm was not yet able to solve. Some of my custom NPC which had also custom names are now displayed with their serverside names. I compared the database entries with my old server where they are sdisplayed correctly and found no mistake - they are equal. This problem also does not apply to all custom NPCs.

Any hint how to make all the custom names visible?
janiii
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: Can't rename some NPCs

Post by janiii »

set serverSideName to 1
DO NOT EVEN TRY TO MESS WITH ME!
forum flOOder dancing dEVILoper
I don't give private support - PM will be ignored!
Thunderb0lt

Post by Thunderb0lt »

Thanks for your reply but if it was so simple I would not have asked here ;)

The exactly identical database row works with gracia part 2 server but not with final.
janiii
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by janiii »

if you dont write your configuration (have you custom tables?) and paste here your custom npc sql, than we can't help you without any detailed info.
DO NOT EVEN TRY TO MESS WITH ME!
forum flOOder dancing dEVILoper
I don't give private support - PM will be ignored!
Thunderb0lt

Post by Thunderb0lt »

I have not yet changed any configuration setting except for IPs and Database connection settings. I'm not using a custom table to store my NPC infos in it. An example NPC entry followes

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO npc (id, idTemplate, name, serverSideName, title, serverSideTitle, class, collision_radius, collision_height, level, sex, type, attackrange, hp, mp, hpreg, mpreg, str, con, dex, int, wit, men, exp, sp, patk, pdef, matk, mdef, atkspd, aggro, matkspd, rhand, lhand, armor, walkspd, runspd, faction_id, faction_range, isUndead, absorb_level, absorb_type, ss, bss, ss_rate, AI, drop_herbs) VALUES (900674, 30622, Kramkiste, 1, Idors, 1, NPC.coffer_b, 12.00, 9.00, 70, etc, L2Npc, 0, 3862, 1493, NULL, NULL, 40, 43, 30, 21, 20, 10, 0, 0, 1314, 470, 780, 382, 278, 1, 333, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, NULL, 0, 1, 0, LAST_HIT, 0, 0, 0, fighter, false)
metallinacho

Post by metallinacho »

i had the same problem in my server...i am not sure what it was but certain custom npcs werent allowing me to rename em or change their title ....i just created a diff id for them and it worked :S ....try that
DarknessL2

Post by DarknessL2 »

set walkspd to 1 and runspd to 1

With 0 spd the npc name won't change even if you set serversidename to 1... I don't know if it's normal :roll: :?:
Gnacik
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Gnacik »

DarknessL2 wrote:set walkspd to 1 and runspd to 1
With 0 spd the npc name won't change even if you set serversidename to 1... I don't know if it's normal :roll: :?:
Because with speed=0 they are static objects and server dont send normal npcinfo if i remember right. Similar problem was with fort guards - they have no weapon in hand because of speed=0
Thunderb0lt

Post by Thunderb0lt »

Yeah! Big thanks, this solved my problem :)
But i think this is quite strange behaviour :/
DarknessL2

Post by DarknessL2 »

:wink:
And yes I think it's quite strange... I think it can be fix (... maybe...) :P