Game Guard and server 9999 ping

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Yuri909

Game Guard and server 9999 ping

Post by Yuri909 »

If you want to receive support we need this info to help you properly.
» Find Revision
L2J Revision
version=2941
builddate=20090428_0500
detailed info:
http://l2jserver.com/svn/trunk/L2_GameServer
http://l2jserver.com/svn
2009-04-22T11:31:29.290540Z
DrHouse
:
L2JDP Revision
version=5986
builddate=20090428_0503
detailed info:
file:///var/www/svn/L2J-DP/trunk/datapack_development
file:///var/www/svn/L2J-DP
2009-04-24T12:59:59.461618Z
Kerberos
:

I'm using the latest nightly build and L2 updates. I just finally got my server launched for the first time. My account is recognized on the server but when I try to login I'm told hacking tools have been detected and I can't seem to find any of these supposedly existing topics about bypasses etc. I am hosting the server on my computer(YES YES I know don't play and host on the same computer.. well I'm doing it anyway untill I get my XPS for playing.)Can anyone offer any suggestions or any information I need to give you in addition to the builds?

I did manage to see my server on the server list! But it had a 9999 ping then I had the hacking message popup. Should I leave the config files that have ips in them in their "virgin" state or should I be editing more than one or two things. I'm kind of confused about that. Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated as is your time.

Thanks,

Yuri.
toastgodsupreme

Re: Game Guard and server 9999 ping

Post by toastgodsupreme »

I'M IN UR SERVAR STEALIN UR PING!!!!1 :twisted:

The configs are quite detailed in regards to setting up your network settings. Since you're running it on your own machine and connecting to it, 127.0.0.1 will be in many spots. Just read the guide on the wiki and pay attention to the notes in the configs. It's kind of idiot proof.
StevenP

Post by StevenP »

Gameguard does'nt work yesterday due to maintenance and upgrade of the official servers.

I've that problem (gameguard hacking tool detected - then error 620) because, using vista busines 32bit, I can't put the nprotect row into my host file (OT - anyone has solution for this problem ?? /OT).

Try to adjust your hosts file
Aikimaniac
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Aikimaniac »

StevenP wrote:Gameguard does'nt work yesterday due to maintenance and upgrade of the official servers.

I've that problem (gameguard hacking tool detected - then error 620) because, using vista busines 32bit, I can't put the nprotect row into my host file (OT - anyone has solution for this problem ?? /OT).

i had this same on vista 64 bit...
StevenP

Post by StevenP »

With vista ultimate x64 I can use the nprotect row into hosts without problems, vista business x86 drop the network than dies..
Yuri909

Post by Yuri909 »

StevenP wrote:Gameguard does'nt work yesterday due to maintenance and upgrade of the official servers.

So wait.. that was just a GG problem that should work today? It'll be a lot later this evening when I can mess with this all again so that's why I'm asking instead of trying it lol.
Yuri909

Post by Yuri909 »

Ok I'm still having this hacking error. It doesn't popup until I go to the server list page where it still says my server is DOWN with 9999 ping but I wonder if that's just because it doesn't have the chance to load anything due to game guard messing...
StevenP

Post by StevenP »

You have two problems:
The GameGuard issue on vista using nprotect row into file hosts, seem to be related to avast antivirus. I have few players with the same problem, they solved stopping 'resident protection' of avast and then they can logon succesfully. Tomorrow I'll make some other experiment with the avast and hosts setting, to find the correct one.
The 9999 ping, instead, is related to the game server.. maybe registration missing or other steps failed during the setup, sorry I don't know how to help you.
Yuri909

Post by Yuri909 »

My errors were resolved thanks to people I met in IRC.
deer_hunter

Post by deer_hunter »

Yuri909 wrote:My errors were resolved thanks to people I met in IRC.
And......? What did they tell you to do??

D_H
Yuri909

Post by Yuri909 »

gave me the host file line for gameguard stuff that fixed the hacking tools error... the ping was just my failure to setup the configs right.

For the record I don't use Vista so you guys can stop blaming my problems on stupidity.

Wait what ;)
Reimu

Post by Reimu »

Code: Select all

216.107.250.194 nprotect.lineage2.com
toastgodsupreme

Post by toastgodsupreme »

Reimu wrote:

Code: Select all

216.107.250.194 nprotect.lineage2.com
I actually had issues with gameguard and connecting to retail last night until I used:
LINK EDITED ILLEGAL STUFF IS NOT ALLOWED HERE!

So that may be a better alternative. Got me onto retail so i could start getting info again. :)
Reimu

Post by Reimu »

I have another ... thing :D ... for my second PC with Outpost Firewall. GG cant work with Outpost, so ... no another way except disabled it, because I cant remove all protection on my PC just because stupid NCZ0ft programmers do not care about it.