Characters get stuck

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
iMadHatter

Characters get stuck

Post by iMadHatter »

If you want to receive support we need this info to help you properly.
» Find Revision
L2J Revision:5909
L2JDP Revision :9573

So, Ive been trying to get a decently "stable" version of the L2j Databases and about a month ago, I had problems with skills, major problems. Fixed that and updated to a newer revision because of some other problems that I heard were already fixed. Not only did I have to re-fix the skills, but now my server Makes characters get "stuck" from time to time randomly. They can chat but cant move, attack or even target mobs. Most of the people on the server have fallen prey to this horrid occurrence. I have changed the ram for my system, and even tried messing with the threads in the general tab for L2j configurator (these are all back to default except allotted ram) and I've been trying to fix this for some weeks now, even going as far as reformatting the Dedicated machine I've installed the server on.... Anyone can think of a fix for this problem? any help would be appreciated, Thanks in advance.
JMD
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Characters get stuck

Post by JMD »

how you usually update your server files?
xban1x
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by xban1x »

Have you tried to compile from latest SVN, make a new database and run a clean server seperately ?
iMadHatter

Post by iMadHatter »

I dont use SVNs, Ive been using compiled packs from the "stable" trunk releases... I have no clue how to set these up through the svn even looking at guides my head starts to spin Z_Z Ive always just manualy changed the files from the trunk releases (not as fast or easy when talking about updating) but easier for me man. But recently I wiped my db, even going to the extent of wiping my whole PC and starting from scratch. I still get this issue on the newer DP revisions seeing as about a month ago this wasnt happening =/
JMD
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by JMD »

so you just download the newest nightly build, overwrite your old files without upgrading the database?
iMadHatter

Post by iMadHatter »

no, I update the database, I just export the characters and custom tables then reload them so I have my buffer and things still if I get an error in my gs console like earlier today I got an error in my custom npcaid table couldnt find table row canMove because it used to be called can_move so I just went and changed the row name and it worked.
JMD
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by JMD »

you are not updating your database the corrent way. you should use the database installer and choose upgrade. For now make a clean server, back up your old database and run the database installer of the fresh pack and choose upgrade.
iMadHatter

Post by iMadHatter »

I did that :lol: Its fresh install with fresh DB and fresh installs of everything, I'm still getting this "characters stuck thing"
xban1x
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by xban1x »

iMadHatter wrote:I did that :lol: Its fresh install with fresh DB and fresh installs of everything, I'm still getting this "characters stuck thing"
Maybe cause data of your characters hasn't updated correctly? You make a backup, and leave them inside DB, then use upgrade function of database_installer, which does everything to preserve your data ;)
iMadHatter

Post by iMadHatter »

The chars dont exist any more. If I formatted my db, my server, my pc, How would the characters not update correctly? I'm not trying to update anything... Im trying to figure out why even new FRESH chars get stuck randomly whiel doing something/anything/random stuff. :|
yksdtc

Post by yksdtc »

I got the same problem , I dont know what to do , if you have any idea , help me please!
MELERIX
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by MELERIX »

JMD wrote:so you just download the newest nightly build, overwrite your old files without upgrading the database?
if you do that, and we have deleted some files in L2J, you will still have old files present inside and mixed with new files, and that could make issues in some cases.
Szponiasty
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Szponiasty »

There was player ai bug, dont know if it has been fixed. When it happends to char again, shift click her being on gm and see char ai intention. if it's anything other than AI_INTENTION_IDLE (when char is stuck) - means its still bugged.
And in the next chronicle they went into space, fighting the evil empire... In a galaxy far, far away xD
piranhas

Post by piranhas »

just join in the game and from admin panel make repair and you unstucked!