[Solved] L2J Hellbound Gameserver error

Find the proper support area, Saga-Version.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Syndrome69

[Solved] L2J Hellbound Gameserver error

Post by Syndrome69 »

Hello. I am trying to open an L2J Hellbound server.
I downloaded the packs from the nighty archive( l2j-version properties version=2340 builddate=20091228_1604, l2jdp-version properties version=4995 builddate=20080813_1453 ).
I did everything that they said in tutorials and i keep getting this error message in the Game Server Console.

I tried different java versions, different navicat versions and still get this.

The thing is, a few years ago i managed to get a L2J server running quite easily, but back then I didn't have a router, nor dynamic IP.

Now my internet connection is PPPoE with dynamic IP and I have a D-Link router. I tried to open the ports for login and game servers but I don't know exactly if i failed or not, I still get the same thing.

Maybe I did something stupid or forgot about editing something but i checked many times...
Here are my loginserver.properties and game.properties:

loginserver.properties

Code: Select all

# This is the server configuration file. Here you can set up the connection for your server.# Usually you have to change the ExternalHostname option to# - 127.0.0.1 (if you want to play alone / testing purpose)# - LAN IP* (if you want to play from another computer in the network)# - WAN IP** (if you want to play with friends over internet)# - Questions? => http://l2jserver.com## * = If you want to get your LAN IP, simply choose "Start" => "Run..." then type "cmd" => "ipconfig"# **= If you want to get you WAN IP, visit http://www.whatismyip.com# =================================================================================================== # ================================================================# General server setting !!! REQUIRED to configure to everyone !!!# ================================================================ # This is transmitted to the clients connecting from an external network, so it has to be a public IP or resolvable hostnameExternalHostname=127.0.0.1 # This is transmitted to the client from the same network, so it has to be a local IP or resolvable hostnameInternalHostname=127.0.0.1 # Bind ip of the LoginServer, use * to bind on all available IPsLoginserverHostname=*LoginserverPort=2106# How many times you can provide an invalid account/pass before the IP gets bannedLoginTryBeforeBan=10# Time you won't be able to login back again after LoginTryBeforeBan tries to login. Provide a value in seconds. Default 10min. (600)LoginBlockAfterBan=600GMMinLevel=100 # The address on which login will listen for GameServers, use * to bind on all available IPsLoginHostname=* # The port on which login will listen for GameServersLoginPort=9014 # If set to true any GameServer can register on your login's free slotsAcceptNewGameServer = False # If false, the licence (after the login) will not be shown# It is highly recomended for Account Security to leave this option as defalut (True)ShowLicence = True # Database infoDriver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver#Driver=org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver#Driver=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriverURL=jdbc:mysql://localhost/l2jdb#URL=jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost/l2jdb#URL=jdbc:sqlserver://localhost/database=l2jdb/user=sa/password=Login=rootPassword=rootMaximumDbConnections=10 # Useable values: "true" - "false", use this option to choose whether accounts will be created# automatically or not.AutoCreateAccounts=true # The delay in minutes after which the login updates the gameservers IP's (usefull when their ip is dynamic)IpUpdateTime=15  # ==============================================================# Test server setting, shoudnt be touched in online game server# ============================================================== Debug = FalseAssert = FalseDeveloper = False # Enforce GG Authorization from client# Login server will kick client if client bypassed GameGuard authenticationForceGGAuth=True #FloodProtection. time in msEnableFloodProtection=TrueFastConnectionLimit=15NormalConnectionTime=700FastConnectionTime=350MaxConnectionPerIP=50
server.properties

# This is the server configuration file. Here you can set up the connection for your server.# Usually you have to change the ExternalHostname option to# - 127.0.0.1 (if you want to play alone / testing purpose)# - LAN IP* (if you want to play from another computer in the network)# - WAN IP** (if you want to play with friends over internet)# - Questions? => http://l2jserver.com## * = If you want to get your LAN IP, simply choose "Start" => "Run..." then type "cmd" => "ipconfig"# **= If you want to get you WAN IP, visit http://www.whatismyip.com# =================================================================================================== # ================================================================# General server setting !!! REQUIRED to configure to everyone !!!# ================================================================ # Bind ip of the gameserver, use * to bind on all available IPsGameserverHostname=79.117.22.41GameserverPort=7777 # This is transmitted to the clients connecting from an external network, so it has to be a public IP or resolvable hostname# If this ip is resolvable by Login just leave *ExternalHostname=* # This is transmitted to the client from the same network, so it has to be a local IP or resolvable hostname# If this ip is resolvable by Login just leave *InternalHostname=* # The Loginserver host and portLoginPort=9014LoginHost=127.0.0.1 # This is the server id that the gameserver will request (i.e. 1 is Bartz)RequestServerID = 1# If set to true, the login will give an other id to the server  if the requested id is allready reservedAcceptAlternateID = false # Database infoDriver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver#Driver=org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver#Driver=com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriverURL=jdbc:mysql://localhost/l2jdb#URL=jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost/l2jdb#URL=jdbc:sqlserver://localhost/database=l2jdb/user=sa/password=Login=rootPassword=rootMaximumDbConnections=100 # Datapack root directory, defaults to current directory from which the server is started# DatapackRoot = C:/Work/tmp/DataPack # Define character name template# Example to use only : CnameTemplate=[A-Z][a-z]{3,3}[A-Za-z0-9]*# will allow names with first capital letter, next three small letters,# and any (capital or not) letter or number, like ZbigN1eW# Most rational to have CnameTemplate=[A-Z][a-z]*# meaning names only of letters with first one capital, like Zbigniew# Default .* - any namy of any symbolsCnameTemplate=.*PetNameTemplate=.* # Maximum number of chars per account - Default 7 (0 = unlimited [7 is the client limit])CharMaxNumber = 7 # Define how many players are allowed to play simultaneously on your server.MaximumOnlineUsers=1000  # Minimum and maximum protocol revision that server allow to connect.# You must keep MinProtocolRevision <= MaxProtocolRevision.MinProtocolRevision = 831MaxProtocolRevision = 831
If any of you guys have any idea what must I do to solve this, please help me. :(
JMD
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: [HELP]L2J Hellbound Gameserver error

Post by JMD »

on server.properties file change Gameserverhostname to * and add your ip to the Externalhostname.

Like this:

# Bind ip of the gameserver, use * to bind on all available IPsGameserverHostname=*GameserverPort=7777 # This is transmitted to the clients connecting from an external network, so it has to be a public IP or resolvable hostname# If this ip is resolvable by Login just leave *ExternalHostname=79.117.22.41
Syndrome69

Post by Syndrome69 »

Thanks alot, that solved my problem. Thanks for the very quick reply :mrgreen:
JMD
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by JMD »

Always glad to help.
Syndrome69

Post by Syndrome69 »

Hmm another problem. I managed to open the server ( thanks again :D ), people can log in with no problems, but now I have another problem, the PCs from my LAN can't connect.

What should I do so they can log in also?
Syndrome69

Post by Syndrome69 »

An admin please put [Solved] in front of the topic name, I managed to fix it.
If someone has the same problem I'll show how I fixed it.

I changed InternalHostname in server.properties to my internal IP.

# This is transmitted to the clients connecting from an external network, so it has to be a public IP or resolvable hostnameExternalHostname=WAN IP# This is transmitted to the client from the same network, so it has to be a local IP or resolvable hostnameInternalHostname=192.168.0.101  <-- HERE# Note: you can define server hostname for each network in subnets.properties
(Sorry for double-post)