[WORK IN PROGRESS] New C#-based Database installer

Have you created a useful tool? or Do you want to get help building one? This is the right place!
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Airin

[WORK IN PROGRESS] New C#-based Database installer

Post by Airin »

Hello L2j,
Because L2j is working for community and does not take any money, I decided to make something for L2j :)
Old .bat installer is ugly, so I decided to make an brand new installer. Currently, developement is just started and almost nothing (except of database configuration unit) is done, but I am waiting for suggestions and ideas here.

New installer is based on C# and .NET Framework v4 is required to run it. It is already installed in Windows 7 - based machines (IDK about Windows Vista, but Windows Server 2008 definately has it) and can be installed on older OS (I develop this program in Windows XP)
Program used for development - Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express
Libs that is used: currently only MySQL Connector Net 5.0.9

And, of course, first screenshot of configuration unit:
l2jdp.PNG
I will keep this thread updated with work progress daily (or not), but I promise that this will be finished, not in week or two, but will be :)
Sorry for my low-level English :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
a.k.a TrueDecko
CUSTOM ITEMS WITHOUT ANY COPYRIGHT VIOLATION - APPROVED BY NCZ0ft - PRESS ON IMAGE TO REACH TUTORIAL!
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Re: [WORK IN PROGRESS] New C#-based Database installer

Post by Zoey76 »

Moved to viewforum.php?f=94

Remember you will have to share the source code as well, would be nice if it's under a licence compatible with the project.
Powered by Eclipse 4.30 🌌 | Eclipse Temurin 21 ☕ | MariaDB 11.3.2 🗃️ | L2J Server 2.6.3.0 - High Five 🚀

🔗 Join our Discord! 🎮💬
Airin

Post by Airin »

Zoey76 wrote:Moved to viewforum.php?f=94

Remember you will have to share the source code as well, would be nice if it's under a licence compatible with the project.
Of course :)
a.k.a TrueDecko
CUSTOM ITEMS WITHOUT ANY COPYRIGHT VIOLATION - APPROVED BY NCZ0ft - PRESS ON IMAGE TO REACH TUTORIAL!
Airin

Post by Airin »

Okay, first step is here! :P

Button "Test connection..." is working. It means, that database installer already can communicate with MySQL databases.
Lets say, our database settings is these:
l2jdp2.PNG
I use this settings in my local computer for testing, but program can contact external MySQL servers too - of course, if configuration data is correct :P
Let's press "Test connection...". System will give this in order:
l2jdp_testOk.PNG
So we now know that tests are done and database is reachable.

Now, it's time for madness of destruction. Lets try to change gameserver database name to incorrect one.
l2jdp_FAIL.PNG
Let's press "Test connection..." button, and... BOOM!
l2jdp_testFail.PNG
Path is generated this: .EXE path + /connectionError.log
(do not pay attention to path, program is debugging in vs2010 on winxp)

Error log is... umm, ugly, but it gives main neccescary information what is wrong.

Code: Select all

MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Unknown database 'l2jdb2'   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.OpenPacket()   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.ReadOk(Boolean read)   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Authenticate411()   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Authenticate()   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.Open()   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetPooledConnection()   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlPool.GetConnection()   at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlConnection.Open()   at WindowsFormsApplication1.mainWindow.tikrintiJungti(String adresas, String user, String pass, String db1, String db2, String db3) in C:\Documents and Settings\Daiva\my documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\lrgValdymoSkydas\lrgValdymoSkydas\mainWindow.cs:line 52
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
a.k.a TrueDecko
mrTJO
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by mrTJO »

errr, airin, you should check this: http://trac.l2jserver.com/changeset/4717
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Zoey76 »

@mrTJO let him be :P