Eclipse/L2J workflow

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
DjSt3rios

Eclipse/L2J workflow

Post by DjSt3rios »

Hello all, I could use some advice how to work more efficiently with eclipse and L2J. I always had separate folders, one with the main server and one with the source, and I just copied the new .jar that I compiled using the .xml ant file(Now we got gradle though). However that sounds like a bad workflow, I was thinking of editing all files, including HTML files, scripts directly through Eclipse. Is that even possible?
JMD
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: Eclipse/L2J workflow

Post by JMD »

I cant really remember if it was a fork or L2J but there used to be some .launcher files that allowed you to start the server from the build directories within eclipse.
DjSt3rios

Re: Eclipse/L2J workflow

Post by DjSt3rios »

Thanks for the answer, I tried looking around but I am not very familiar with gradle, and it looks like the build generates the .jar files and a .zip file, so doesn't seem possible at the moment. I think it's even possible to debug the server through eclipse and add break points aswell, someone told me that a long time ago but I can't seem to figure out a way.