Advanced Users - An Approach to Developers
As some of you may have already noticed at the bottom of the board there is a new usergroup created recently:
...at the very beginning a few of you who are reading this.
This is a new approach of L2j to the Community to get users involved into the active development, users who cant code fixes/patches or new features to L2j can still help a lot, we need people with strong willpower and participation to help us to make more stuff.
What objectives did we want to achieve by creating this group?
- In the first place, we wanted to form a group of trustable users; a group closer to developing activity and, specially, to developers, either providing support, retail info, test reports, bug information, feedback, etc.
- Secondly, we wanted to somehow award those users who offer altruist support to either the team or the community users with a new position within the community and some new privileges.
- Create a bond between users and developers as community representatives.
There are many little trivial work that we would like to share with you:
- Providing Quality Support to other Community Members through forums.
- Testing 0-day patches
- Testing New Features before being commited to the SVN
- Testing New Releases during Closed Development
- Providing Retail Gameplay Information
- Providing feedback about our work and the Community.
- Idleing on IRC with us
- Becoming Wiki Editors
- Getting involved in team decissions.
Oh... wait... what?? umm... forgot the most important thing??
How do you become an Advanced User?
Prove to us that you deserve it then we will contact you.
How to prove it to us? be creative... but dont think too hard.
Summarizing almost all the questions:
- NO, you CAN'T get into the Advanced User group by donating money.
- NO, you CAN'T get into the Advanced User group by paying for it.
- NO, you CAN'T get into the Advanced User group by pming all the L2j Team. <bad idea>
- NO, you CAN'T get into the Advanced User group by spamming ThePhoenixBird pmbox. <VERY bad idea>
- NO, you CAN'T get into the Advanced User group by begging for it on forums.
- NO, you CAN'T get into the Advanced User group by saying that you deserve it.
- NO, you CAN'T get into the Advanced User group even if you run the largest L2j Server on the Universe.
- NO, you CAN'T get into the Advanced User group even if you are a nigerian prince in need of assistance.
The L2j Team