www.l2jserver.com/windows.html

Post here doubts, ideas, suggestions and support requests about the website and the forums.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Brimbard

www.l2jserver.com/windows.html

Post by Brimbard »

Hello,

after 12 years of absence I am trying again to get a Lineage server up and running.
First of all I got everything successfully compiled and started. :+1:

But I recommend some updates to your webpage as other people might get confused:

1. you are explicitly stating JDK14. But compilation gives the error 'wrong target 17'
2. Since Adoptopenjdk has moved such a version is not available in that place. You may want to point people to adoptium.net.
3. The MariaDB came with the heidisql in a bundle. But that Heidi version crashed after creating the root user. It seems they delivered a 32-bit Heidi with a 64bit Maria. Deleting the Heidi and installing their latest version from their home site resolved this issue quickly and the root account was already in place.
4. Building the server from source code I was struggling a bit with the error message 'command not found'. It took me some time before I typed "./mvnw". I imagine other might appreciate a hint in that direction as well.
5. The link to L2J CLI is dead. I did the same as for the other three pieces: download from github and './mvnw install'. So maybe just add a line in that previous section.
6. I have also used git to get your L2.exe source. Having Visual Studio already installed a new IP can be set up in seconds since you provide an '.sln' . Up to you if you want to point this out.

So, now a new Login and a new Game server are waiting for someone to connect. :think:

But this is where I got stuck. The latest version in my own archives is Freya. I have already downloaded from the UK (Hi5-part4, bloody screen) and from BR and RU. But those two use plenty of client modifications and will likely connect only to their own servers. Could someone please provide some hints where to get a clean version in 2022/23 ? A PM would be well appreciated ...

Cheers
Brimbard
Brimbard

Re: www.l2jserver.com/windows.html

Post by Brimbard »

ok, after downloading 180 Gigs of data I finally found a suitable client which seems to be only minimal modded.
I restored the original values and was finally able to connect to my newly compiled server.
Next step now is to restore my old characters which may need some cleanup but should not be a big problem.

Clearly, getting a suitable client became nowadays the biggest challenge in such a project!

Many thanks to a all people who contributed to this project :+1: and 'chapeau' to the main developers. :clap: