[FIXED] Hikari pool vs mariadb

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Mantosh

[FIXED] Hikari pool vs mariadb

Post by Mantosh »

Hello, fellow l2j lovers!

We have a development environment set up running on openjdk:11.0.2-jdk and mariadb:10.4. Sometime after the server is running for about half an hour or so, I get a group of these messages:

Code: Select all

PoolBase: HikariPool-1 - Failed to validate connection org.mariadb.jdbc.MariaDbConnection@****** (Connection.setNetworkTimeout cannot be called on a closed connection). Possibly consider using a shorter maxLifetime value.
Maybe someone has encountered this before? Or knows what is causing it?

Thank You
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Re: Hikari pool vs mariadb

Post by Zoey76 »

Hi you can read about it here https://github.com/brettwooldridge/HikariCP/issues/1403

Please run on your MariaDB instance:

Code: Select all

SHOW SESSION VARIABLES LIKE "wait_timeout";
I just pushed dependency l2j-server-commons:2.6.2.0 you can change it manually on your game and login server and check if that helps.
Powered by Eclipse 4.30 ๐ŸŒŒ | Eclipse Temurin 21 โ˜• | MariaDB 11.2.2 ๐Ÿ—ƒ๏ธ | L2J Server 2.6.3.0 - High Five ๐Ÿš€

๐Ÿ”— Join our Discord! ๐ŸŽฎ๐Ÿ’ฌ
Mantosh

Post by Mantosh »

I've encountered that topic while doing my research too. Thank you for confirming my suspicions. And thanks for the commons update! You're awesome
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Zoey76 »

Mantosh wrote: โ†‘Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:21 pm I've encountered that topic while doing my research too. Thank you for confirming my suspicions. And thanks for the commons update! You're awesome
Let us know if the changes work, I couldn't reproduce the issue, but is something common y MySQL/MariaDB.