what about

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Darkfeiter

what about

Post by Darkfeiter »

hey dudes,

what is going oon here see not much activity here :(

what about the l2 classic ?
it will be released here ? anyone work on it?

thanks
ProGramMoS

Re: what about

Post by ProGramMoS »

Hi.
I think l2j-server is dead. Most contributers is left project and l2j-server 'fame' not a least (about fame: in past l2j-server doesn't accept any contributions, idk contribute policy right now because no one write it). And second point with it: community isn't expanding, there are no new ppl who a ready to make l2j-server better.
JMD
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by JMD »

Official and Private servers are all pay to win, what do you expect when there are better multiplayer games without pay to win out there right now?
The sad day where all this will be history is near. :(
bonknut

Post by bonknut »

ProGramMoS wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:00 pm Hi.
I think l2j-server is dead. Most contributers is left project and l2j-server 'fame' not a least (about fame: in past l2j-server doesn't accept any contributions, idk contribute policy right now because no one write it). And second point with it: community isn't expanding, there are no new ppl who a ready to make l2j-server better.
Are there any other open source ones for h5?
Darkfeiter

Post by Darkfeiter »

JMD wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:12 pm Official and Private servers are all pay to win, what do you expect when there are better multiplayer games without pay to win out there right now?
ye to much ppl think they can get money with that.

i just think i work hard on server, in java i do it alone i am not a programmer i just startet with zero and every day i lean more about it.

try to search a good server like the old ones you will not find because most owners give the special to let players pay :(
JMD
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by JMD »

Darkfeiter wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:56 pm
JMD wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:12 pm Official and Private servers are all pay to win, what do you expect when there are better multiplayer games without pay to win out there right now?
ye to much ppl think they can get money with that.

i just think i work hard on server, in java i do it alone i am not a programmer i just startet with zero and every day i lean more about it.

try to search a good server like the old ones you will not find because most owners give the special to let players pay :(
This project is good if you want to become better at coding, but as for the game its not worth the effort anymore. I would rather this dev team or whats left of it transitions to a different game.
regenx

Post by regenx »

1/. L2J Server is not dead, only brainless trolls and skiddies are dead.

2/. Lineage 2 and World of Warcraft are the best MMO games of all time, NEVERENDING STORY!

3/. Aion, Bless Online, BDO and other similar shitty new hentai p0rn games are not MMO and not even fantasy games. Think about that.. :+1:

:wave:
ProGramMoS

Post by ProGramMoS »

regenx wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:05 am 1/. L2J Server is not dead, only brainless trolls and skiddies are dead.
If L2J Server isnt dead why last two commits in five months (!) is only change gradle deps? Maybe isn't directly dead but project inactive in fact and that way going only to death.
If L2J is not dead and accept some contributions (but not like in the past), I'm ready to experiment with 3D raycast and contribute it. But it will never happen I think.
Sacrifice
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Sacrifice »

I would say that you do not waste your time contributing to a project like that of l2j, it is a waste of time if you are not from the famous inner circle.

With what you are working, keep it for yourselves, because as you give it to them, they will throw it in your face to you...

To my multitude of times they have done it to me and in the end I chose to follow my own I walk independently and I honestly do better.

In 10 years I have only accepted 1 contribution and it was bouncing because @HorridoJoho saw that it was good for something. And end! ... I will not tell my life over here.
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Post by Zoey76 »

The truth is that L2 as a game isn't as popular as it was before and I haven't had time to keep working as before.

Regarding contributions, I haven't seen anything good enough in years, and I don't say this to be mean, is just that we don't get production ready, high-quality contributions anymore, like someone said L2J is good to get started in programming in Java and you may even learn a thing or two.