L2j login db -> phpbb users

Have you created a useful tool? or Do you want to get help building one? This is the right place!
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
asumos

L2j login db -> phpbb users

Post by asumos »

I have written an auth plugin for phpbb to replace current auth system

phpbb login will now be handled by the l2jls database will import users accounts to phpbb3's for phpbb's script purposes

downfall of this is already users in phpbb that are not in l2j cannot login. ( as long as they make an l2j server account they can log in )

password changes on l2j will change on phpbb on next login ( l2j passwords trump phpbb's )
to avoid the confusion of where to register for your site you can disable user registration in the phpbb system l2j user accounts will still be ported over from l2j db

how to install just unzip and place auth_l2jserver.php in {phpbb_root}/includes/auth
goto phpbb control panel and select authentication on the left hand side and from the drop down menu ( defaults to db ) change to l2jserver. click save.. voila!

i have a few tweaks and some more features to work on but i thought i'd share the preliminary work with you now

*Update October 7th 2011*

Added Support For Users Who Use Sql Ports Other Then 3306
Added GNU General Public License ( Same info as L2j-server )
Added My Contact Info For Support
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by asumos on Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
IMBAL

Re: L2j login db -> phpbb users

Post by IMBAL »

Tha handles the registration too? If it doesn't can you make one?
asumos

Post by asumos »

no it wont handle registration, if you register on forums it puts user details in phpbb's database. there are registration scripts on here already, lineweb account manager to name a few
IMBAL

Post by IMBAL »

so it's a restriction that forces the forum users make a game account before are able to login into the forums.

Not i've got it. Great work mate thanks!
asumos

Post by asumos »

yes, i put this code together for people using L2jserver and want a PHPbb forums as a way to communicate outside of the game

the modification is meant to augment the forums users from the gameservers users instead of having users sign up to play the game then when they have an issue and need to use the forums they do not need to sign up on the forums as well

basically save time by only needing 1 registration to access all features of your hosted L2j
blacksea

Post by blacksea »

somehow need to be possible to link current accounts from phpbb3 with l2j accounts .. since now old users from forum can't log in :-s
asumos

Post by asumos »

its one of the things i am trying to work on, so far its been elusive to me.

any forum account who's username is the same as their l2j username will be able to login ( even if passwords are diffrent ) l2j will update phpbb's password field with the l2j password
HorridoJoho
L2j Senior Developer
L2j Senior Developer

Post by HorridoJoho »

asumos wrote:its one of the things i am trying to work on, so far its been elusive to me.

any forum account who's username is the same as their l2j username will be able to login ( even if passwords are diffrent ) l2j will update phpbb's password field with the l2j password
I would suggest a new column in the user database of phpbb, something like "pw_is_l2j" with 1 or 0, default 0. Now, when the value for a user is 0, you mod phpbb to force the user to change the password. You save the new password hash with a 1 in "pw_is_l2j".

Also a check for login request 0 or 1 is required, but that's pretty much it.
asumos

Post by asumos »

FBIagent wrote:
asumos wrote:its one of the things i am trying to work on, so far its been elusive to me.

I would suggest a new column in the user database of phpbb, something like "pw_is_l2j" with 1 or 0, default 0. Now, when the value for a user is 0, you mod phpbb to force the user to change the password. You save the new password hash with a 1 in "pw_is_l2j".

Also a check for login request 0 or 1 is required, but that's pretty much it.
i dont see the relevance in what you are saying. i don't have an issue with l2j users/passwprds into phpbb at all. my issue ( or rather other people's issues since i originally began this for new setups ) is phpbb forum accounts that dont have an account in l2j are now unable to login unless they create an l2j account with the same name they use in phpbb

this is because i am looking for usernames to match between the two databases, this script can only work with one database not 2, when the user is authenticated in l2j the script says " authenticated, create phpbb account" and it does this by sending the information that it obtained from the l2j database to the authentication protocols that are hard-coded into phpbb. i am not able to say "check for username in l2j --> error no user found --> ok check phpbb ---> user found, logging in"

at this time the only methods available to people who have players who use one username for l2j and another for phpbb are

1. user creates account on l2j with the same username used on phpbb
2. admin logs into phpbb control panel and manually changes users username to match the name in the l2j database

it's a pain and a hassle i know, i am sorry but i meant this for new servers / or forums who didnt already have a forums base that would case this kind of issue. i hope to remedy this some how but i cannot make any guarantees i will make headway
ironsid3

Post by ironsid3 »

Olá, desculpe meu inglês mas estou usando um tradutor!
Esta funcionando perfeitamente para o Forum PhpBB 3.0.9 .
Porém apenas para novas contas registradas após o uso deste plugin, como importar as contas antigas criadas no servidor para o fórum?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello, sorry my English but I'm using a translator!
This works perfectly for phpBB 3.0.9.
But only for new registered accounts after using this plugin,
how to import the old accounts created on the server for the forum?
Utilizando L2j Server,atualmente trabalhando no L2 Wolf
Wolf Server
asumos

Post by asumos »

I'm sorry but at this time i have no way of importing phpbb accounts into l2j, only thing i can recommend doing is telling your phpbb users to re-register on l2j with the exact name on the forums when they login to forums again the l2j info will port over and all the posts and settings will still be available from the old account info. all we are doing is making an account in l2j ( there HAS to be an l2j account to login )

due to limitations of phpbb i cannot write a script that will login users from either database, its one or the other and since most people make a game account before forums account i decided to make this script where it takes game account and copies to forums account ( also easier to script it this way too )

again just have phpbb users resign up using l2j registration with the forum username, when they login to forums again all their old information will be there, nothing lost
ironsid3

Post by ironsid3 »

asumos wrote:I'm sorry but at this time i have no way of importing phpbb accounts into l2j, only thing i can recommend doing is telling your phpbb users to re-register on l2j with the exact name on the forums when they login to forums again the l2j info will port over and all the posts and settings will still be available from the old account info. all we are doing is making an account in l2j ( there HAS to be an l2j account to login )

due to limitations of phpbb i cannot write a script that will login users from either database, its one or the other and since most people make a game account before forums account i decided to make this script where it takes game account and copies to forums account ( also easier to script it this way too )

again just have phpbb users resign up using l2j registration with the forum username, when they login to forums again all their old information will be there, nothing lost
Entendo, mesmo assim, esse plugin foi o melhor que encontrei até agora, postei ele em uma comunidade brasileiro e todos estão adorando!!!
Muito obrigado pela sua contribuição!
-----------------------------------------------
I understand, anyway, this plugin was the best I've found so far, I posted it in a Brazilian community and everyone is loving it!
Thank you for your contribution!
Place your credits if you do not mind!

http://www.l2jbrasil.com/index.php?/top ... in-server/
Utilizando L2j Server,atualmente trabalhando no L2 Wolf
Wolf Server
asumos

Post by asumos »

Thank you and to the rest of the Brazilian community
papadkostas

Post by papadkostas »

why dont you doing the opposite? :x
create one forum account and with that
you can create and manage your game accounts having just one account on website.
i've done that ..imo its beter that for players :wink:
I'm learning as fast..as roadrunner - Beeep Beeeep
zemaitis

Post by zemaitis »

Unable to open zip archive (found auth system in other place) but found a bug

You can log-in to phpbb forum with any password of the account