L2j Dialog Maker 1.011 BETA

Have you created a useful tool? or Do you want to get help building one? This is the right place!
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Szponiasty
Advanced User
Advanced User

L2j Dialog Maker 1.011 BETA

Post by Szponiasty »

Hi. Here you have my small tool to help edit HTML files for L2j. It has prewiew (with autoupdate) in normal NPC dialog window and as Community Board window, code highlighting etc. Its first beta version. Don't expect too much (yet).

I hope that someone will find it usefull.

Latest release:
Note: download and extract beta 6, then beta 7 archive and overwrite files from beta 6 you extracted.
Download beta 6 ZIP
Download beta 6-to-7 update ZIP

Have fun (I'll post most recent version in this, first post, so it will be easier to look for).
Last edited by Szponiasty on Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:49 am, edited 6 times in total.
And in the next chronicle they went into space, fighting the evil empire... In a galaxy far, far away xD
Tan
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: L2j Dialog Maker 1.011 BETA

Post by Tan »

Oh very cool tool but please create it for Windows Xp too for me vista sucks :/
Some people believe in God... i believe in Music... some people pray..... I turn on Winamp
http://www.last.fm/user/L2jTan
Szponiasty
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Szponiasty »

It should work under XP too. If not, send me what error you got, and Ill fix it.
And in the next chronicle they went into space, fighting the evil empire... In a galaxy far, far away xD
janiii
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by janiii »

i tried to start it under xp and it started normaly. but when i added horizontal rule, nothing appeared in the view. same for the cool separator - only a red cross appeared (missing image sign).
DO NOT EVEN TRY TO MESS WITH ME!
forum flOOder dancing dEVILoper
I don't give private support - PM will be ignored!
Szponiasty
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Szponiasty »

Reuploaded again, with missing file. Anyway on preview currently you will see only one image (the one that is visible on screenshot). Would be great if someone could help me to somehow extract all images possible to use in Lineage html's (with names), then I would make preview of all possible images.
Tan
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by Tan »

When i try to save my work its says "TFileSaveDialog requires windows Vista or later"
and 1 more thing could you please change it to better looks is kind hard to fix later my work if i did anything wrong...
Some people believe in God... i believe in Music... some people pray..... I turn on Winamp
http://www.last.fm/user/L2jTan
Szponiasty
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Szponiasty »

Ok, I'll recompile later with XP compatible controls. Your display is corrupted cause of missing fonts probably. I'll do "courier new" by default, that should solve the problem.
Szponiasty
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Szponiasty »

Changes:
- Fixed Save / Open dialogs under OSes older than Vista
- Undo, Cut, Copy, Paste, Delete etc are enabled / disabled auto, depending on text selection, check if undo possible and check if pasting possible
- Added "New editor" and "Open in new editor" functions
- When pressing "Open" button on toolbar, simple check is made: if current file is default autogenerated after application starts and is not modified, then open button will open file in current editor. Else - in new editor
- Editor window is not maximised by default anymore
- Changed default editor fonts to courier new and smallfont, for application to be compatible with older Windows (XP) versions
- Added command line parameters support (can open files from command line)

To download new version, go to the link in first message of this thread.
janiii
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by janiii »

a longer time ago, i already saw such a tool. i was searching for it and could not find it. this one looks muuuuuch better and have muuuuch more functions!
thx Szponiasty! :)
DO NOT EVEN TRY TO MESS WITH ME!
forum flOOder dancing dEVILoper
I don't give private support - PM will be ignored!
Szponiasty
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Szponiasty »

janiii wrote:a longer time ago, i already saw such a tool. i was searching for it and could not find it. this one looks muuuuuch better and have muuuuch more functions!
thx Szponiasty! :)
Thx. Still, I'm far away from finishing it.

Could anyone please extract a list of images build in Lineage II game client and all images and then send me? That would be very helpfull for making build in image inserting tool with img. preview...
Szponiasty
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Szponiasty »

Ok, nvm. Extracted images myself :) I'll post new version soon.
Szponiasty
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by Szponiasty »

new version available (link in first post)
Stealth

Post by Stealth »

Thanks for sharing this tool dude , it is very helpfull.
It is very nice because it has the preview feature which is not available in browsers.
mochitto

Post by mochitto »

Hi, pls make version for interlude :-)
Sorry for my bad english.
Aka Gambit

Post by Aka Gambit »

This is an awesome idea, I always struggled with designing the html and it never showing up how I wanted. I would always have to go in game then out then restart the server then in game and out, wash rinse, repeat.

Anyways even if it has a few bugs, I'll be using this. I hope you plan on updating it. This is an awesome tool and a great idea you had to make it.