Critical Error (Skills or Buffer)

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
alennaor

Critical Error (Skills or Buffer)

Post by alennaor »

good night, today I have been having problems with the h5 client, apparently it is an error with the shiela buffer, when I buff my character, everything works out, however I hardly use a skill the client crashes, and when I use any skill without buffing, the game works fine and doesn't crash.

I have no idea why this happens, I have tried downloading another client and the error is still the same, I already updated my graphics card, my computer does not have a virus, I am sure that the error comes from the buffer but I do not know why since the game was it closes as soon as I use a skill, I have not touched the xml of the skills, only the buffer with little changes.

THIS IS THE ERROR

2020.3.17 21:44:00
CPU : GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz @ 2394 MHz 2043MB RAM
Video : ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3430 (1129)
PosCode : LS1(268) 111375:216941:-3459 2/1 [355]

General protection fault!

History: FCanvasUtil::DrawTile <- UCanvas::DrawSpecialDigit <- NCGDevice::DrawSpecialDigit <- NCShortcutItemWnd::OnPaint <- NCVirtualWndMain::DrawChildWindow <- NCVirtualWndMain::DrawChildWindow <- NCVirtualWndMain::DrawChildWindow <- NCVirtualWndMain::DrawChildWindow <- WM_PAINT <- NCVirtualWndMain::DispatchWndMsg <- NConsoleWnd::ConsolePostRender <- ConsolePostRender <- Draw <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop
Bupleg

Re: Critical Error (Skills or Buffer)

Post by Bupleg »

The NPC buffer is most likely not updated for this server code, so it crashes.
You need to look for errors in the game server console :)
alennaor

Post by alennaor »

Correct, but the client closes and the gameserver console does not show any error, my l2 h5 client works fine, I have played on normal servers without any problem, but when I enter my server, it buffes and crashes everything xD

I will try to make some corrections in the buffer, I will restart it, I will leave it with the default configuration, I will buff and see if it crashes again
Bupleg

Post by Bupleg »

Perhaps the problem is in the html files, more precisely in its code, when it is not correct or if the author of the buffer used some kind of texture mode for the buffer interface. And in your pure client, you simply don’t just have these texture mods, here’s the buffer and the game client crashes when you click the buttons.

Sometimes it happened to me when I edited html files and accidentally wrote something wrong in the button interface, the game client crashed))
alennaor

Post by alennaor »

Well, I did what I mentioned, I left the buffer with its default settings and for example, when I buff my magician everything goes perfect, it seems that a skill called salvation was giving me problems, it is a skill that has the same effect as the nobless blessing and I had it placed in the buffer, I removed it and the wizard buff now works fine, however it is the buffs of the warriors that fail now xD

I don't know if shiela is bugged or something but it is very rare that some skills work and others don't, I tried buffing my characters through dual box, that is, I opened the client twice and buffed myself and there was no error : / I think I'll keep testing
alennaor

Post by alennaor »

Well, I have not been able to determine what Shiela's error is, the problem now is that none of the dances work xD I barely snort with them the game crashes, check the custom and the html and I do not see the error xD it seems that it was something else that gives the problem

Anyway what I did was go to the admin panel and use "add skills" and I put all the buffs and well I will leave it like this to play by myself when I feel like xD I would do dualbox but the game it takes me out of memory because the server consumes many resources

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it
zachramuz

Post by zachramuz »

alennaor wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:55 pm Well, I have not been able to determine what Shiela's error is, the problem now is that none of the dances work xD I barely snort with them the game crashes, check the custom and the html and I do not see the error xD it seems that it was something else that gives the problem

Anyway what I did was go to the admin panel and use "add skills" and I put all the buffs and well I will leave it like this to play by myself when I feel like xD I would do dualbox but the game it takes me out of memory because the server consumes many resources

Thanks for your help, I appreciate it
Maybe I'm a bit late. But I had all sorts of mysterious crashes while running H5 client on linux, like after picking up an item, after completing trade... And I thought it's something with the server, but all of those crashes turned out to be because of the lack of these winetricks

corefonts tahoma d3dx9 mfc42 msscript msxml4 msxml6 richtx32 vb6run vcrun6 vcrun6sp6 vcrun2010

With them game now does not crash and is very stable on Slackware 14.2 (multilib)
Keep it Simple Stupid