[Solved] How do I compile L2J_Server and L2J_DataPack projects ?

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Menoh

[Solved] How do I compile L2J_Server and L2J_DataPack projects ?

Post by Menoh »

Hello,
I'm not familiar with gradle and I didn't find any way to compile the projects.

I tried as HorridoJoho suggested me here : viewtopic.php?p=193480#p193480
Now my the 3 files (.settings/org.eclipse.buildship.core.prefs , build.gradle , and gradle/wrapper/gradle-wrapper.properties) are similar to the commited ones but I still can't Run the projects.

When I try to Run L2J_Server as Java Application I get this message in Eclipse's console :

Code: Select all

Prints the ASM code to generate the given class.
Usage: ASMifierClassVisitor [-debug] <fully qualified class name or class file name>
I dunno how to solve it :s

When I try to Run L2J_DataPack as Java Application I get this message in Eclipse's console :

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
	at com.l2jserver.gameserver.model.events.AbstractScript.<init>(AbstractScript.java:162)
	at com.l2jserver.gameserver.model.quest.Quest.<init>(Quest.java:113)
	at ai.npc.AbstractNpcAI.<init>(AbstractNpcAI.java:40)
	at ai.npc.Abercrombie.Abercrombie.<init>(Abercrombie.java:40)
	at ai.npc.Abercrombie.Abercrombie.main(Abercrombie.java:65)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.l2jserver.gameserver.scripting.L2ScriptEngineManager.<clinit>(L2ScriptEngineManager.java:55)
	... 5 more

I decided to start again from scratch and follow instructions here as Zoey76 advised me to do : https://bitbucket.org/l2jserver/l2j_server/wiki/Home.
So I got and installed Git,
I used it to get both L2J_Server and L2J_DataPack files in a folder,
I also tried to do an import within Eclipse : Import > Git > Projects from Git > Clone URI and I pasted https://bitbucket.org/l2jserver/l2j_server.git for example. Finally Eclipse couldn't import properly the project, I got a message like "Project not found" or something.

I haven't tried yet what Sacrifice suggests me to do : viewtopic.php?p=193241&sid=852c3b366e9d ... c4#p193241
Do you think it will help me to compile ?

Right now my projects look like this :
The jars folders you see are some I created to put libraries (mockito, slf4j, testng, weupnp, jython, javax.mail, HikariCP, c3p0, bonecp) that the project couldn't find by itself when I imported it.

I tried running gradlew.bat file of both projects, it didn't help.

I have no clues how to run the project in order to test the server :s

What is a "clean way" to import the project in Eclipse ? I have the feeling I did it wrong when I got my two projects the first time : I created a new Java Project for both in Eclipse, then I just dragged and dropped the l2j_server files I previously got from a zip. I know it's not the correct way to do but I haven't found another way.

What should I do ?
Last edited by Menoh on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Menoh

Re: How do I compile L2J_Server and L2J_DataPack projects ?

Post by Menoh »

Anyone has an idea of how I could solve that and compile the code ? :s
Willian

Re: [Solved] How do I compile L2J_Server and L2J_DataPack projects ?

Post by Willian »

Hello,
I'm not familiar with gradle and I didn't find any way to compile the projects.read more
Anyone has an idea of how I could solve that and compile the code ? :s
Owl

Post by Owl »

Why first dont try official guide?

https://l2jserver.com/windows.html
ASI828277

Post by ASI828277 »

Menoh wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:25 pm Hello,
I'm not familiar with gradle and I didn't find any way to compile the projects.

I tried as HorridoJoho suggested me here : viewtopic.php?p=193480#p193480
Now my the 3 files (.settings/org.eclipse.buildship.core.prefs , build.gradle , and gradle/wrapper/gradle-wrapper.properties) are similar to the commited ones but I still can't Run the projects.

When I try to Run L2J_Server as Java Application I get this message in Eclipse's console :

Prints the ASM code to generate the given class[url=https://ativadors.com/ashampoo-burning-studio-19-crackeado/].[/url]
Usage: ASMifierClassVisitor [-debug] <fully qualified class name or class file name>
I dunno how to solve it :s

When I try to Run L2J_DataPack as Java Application I get this message in Eclipse's console :

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
	at com.l2jserver.gameserver.model.events.AbstractScript.<init>(AbstractScript.java:162)
	at com.l2jserver.gameserver.model.quest.Quest.<init>(Quest.java:113)
	at ai.npc.AbstractNpcAI.<init>(AbstractNpcAI.java:40)
	at ai.npc.Abercrombie.Abercrombie.<init>(Abercrombie.java:40)
	at ai.npc.Abercrombie.Abercrombie.main(Abercrombie.java:65)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.l2jserver.gameserver.scripting.L2ScriptEngineManager.<clinit>(L2ScriptEngineManager.java:55)
	... 5 more

I decided to start again from scratch and follow instructions here as Zoey76 advised me to do : https://bitbucket.org/l2jserver/l2j_server/wiki/Home.
So I got and installed Git,
I used it to get both L2J_Server and L2J_DataPack files in a folder,
I also tried to do an import within Eclipse : Import > Git > Projects from Git > Clone URI and I pasted https://bitbucket.org/l2jserver/l2j_server.git for example. Finally Eclipse couldn't import properly the project, I got a message like "Project not found" or something.

I haven't tried yet what Sacrifice suggests me to do : viewtopic.php?p=193241&sid=852c3b366e9d ... c4#p193241
Do you think it will help me to compile ?

Right now my projects look like this :
The jars folders you see are some I created to put libraries (mockito, slf4j, testng, weupnp, jython, javax.mail, HikariCP, c3p0, bonecp) that the project couldn't find by itself when I imported it.

I tried running gradlew.bat file of both projects, it didn't help.

I have no clues how to run the project in order to test the server :s

What is a "clean way" to import the project in Eclipse ? I have the feeling I did it wrong when I got my two projects the first time : I created a new Java Project for both in Eclipse, then I just dragged and dropped the l2j_server files I previously got from a zip. I know it's not the correct way to do but I haven't found another way.

What should I do ?
Okay :lolno: