Some question about development.

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
baal

Some question about development.

Post by baal »

Hello,
If there is no official server running H5, how can i know the strucuture of packets that should be sended to the client?
Or they are all sniffed and there couldn't be unknown packets, that are not sended in GOD, so we can't sniff them?
I mean if there is packet that wasn't sniffed and isn't sended in GOD, it is lost forever (if you are not diassembling the client).
UnAfraid
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Re: Some question about development.

Post by UnAfraid »

We have everything needed in terms of game protocol.
It was done long ago while there was retail h5 server.
baal

Post by baal »

UnAfraid wrote:We have everything needed in terms of game protocol.
It was done long ago while there was retail h5 server.
Thanks for explanation.

I have one more question please. How is it possible that the player will fall into texture? This happened only if there are geodata and they are wrong?
Shouldn't be client programmed in the way that this doesn't happend as for instance in any single player game, where you can jump and everything and never fall somewhere under the world (if there is not bug for sure)? It is caused somehow because the client is respecting the position of the player that is sended by the server, no matter if the position in somewhere under the world?
UnAfraid
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by UnAfraid »

Its possible to fall at some places buggy geo data (Even on retail too) (Missing cells)
I was falling down multiple times when jumping from a cliff for Freya (In front of Steward or what the name of npc was)
baal

Post by baal »

UnAfraid wrote:Its possible to fall at some places buggy geo data (Even on retail too) (Missing cells)
I was falling down multiple times when jumping from a cliff for Freya (In front of Steward or what the name of npc was)
But why? Client knows that terrain, it has all these static terrain meshes so why it allows player to fall somewhere under it.