Day and Night spawns - notifier?

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Hyrelius

Day and Night spawns - notifier?

Post by Hyrelius »

L2J Revision 9943:
L2JDP Revision 6199:

Hello,

is there a way to make the script react to day and night changes? I know I could use the DayNightSpawnManager to spawn a certain creature, but what I want is to be able to react to the day and night change, because I want to randomly decide the location and re-add the spawn myself.

In GameTimeController I found this:

Code: Select all

_log.log(Level.CONFIG, getClass().getSimpleName() + ": Started.");                long nextTickTime, sleepTime;        boolean isNight = isNight();                if (isNight)        {            ThreadPoolManager.getInstance().executeAi(new Runnable()            {                @Override                public final void run()                {                    DayNightSpawnManager.getInstance().notifyChangeMode();                }            });        }
This means, that whenever isNight is true a new Runnable is created, which triggers the day and night switch.

I could easily add a listener, which (if registered to it) could notify all scripts about this change - not just DayNightSpawnManager. But I am not sure if this is something, that might be of interest by the L2J-Team. Perhaps there is even a different solution?

I greatly appreciate an answer and would do the job of adding the listener if there's a chance it might become part of L2J.

Hyrelius.
I don't mind helping - however: I only do so if I want to.
No support for other server packs than L2J.
Zoey76
L2j Inner Circle
L2j Inner Circle

Re: Day and Night spawns - notifier?

Post by Zoey76 »

I believe the best solution should be a listener that replace the notifications.

That way more stuff can be unhardcoded from core, or at least unified with current scripts in Datapack.