How can I rename a item?

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Bozolika

How can I rename a item?

Post by Bozolika »

If you want to receive support we need this info to help you properly.
» Find Revision
L2J Revision Number: 5722
L2JDP Revision Number: 9330

Hi,

Please help me. How can I rename a item?
JMD
Advanced User
Advanced User

Re: How can I rename a item?

Post by JMD »

well you'll have to edit the client and talking about it is forbidden here so you will have better luck on some other forum like maxcheaters.
_Blade_

Post by _Blade_ »

or you create a custom item.

so long _Blade_
Bozolika

Post by Bozolika »

_Blade_ wrote:or you create a custom item.

so long _Blade_
How can I create a custom item? :S
JMD
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by JMD »

_Blade_ wrote:or you create a custom item.

so long _Blade_
Wont he have to add that custom item to the system ? How is it going to show up ingame?
_Blade_

Post by _Blade_ »

You must create a new file in the item/custom folder for example 5000-5099.xml

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><list xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../../../xsd/items.xsd">    <item id="50000" type="EtcItem" name="Blooded Fabric">        <set name="displayId" val="4295" />        <set name="icon" val="icon.etc_piece_of_cloth_red_i00" />        <set name="immediate_effect" val="1" />        <set name="material" val="cloth" />        <set name="is_tradable" val="false" />        <set name="is_dropable" val="false" />        <set name="is_sellable" val="false" />        <set name="is_depositable" val="false" />        <set name="is_stackable" val="true" />        <set name="is_questitem" val="true" />    </item></list> 
important is that you have a Display Id this is the icon that you see later in game
and now you can change the name Bloodes Fabric in that what you want.

so long _Blade_
Bozolika

Post by Bozolika »

Thank you very much Blade!
Bozolika

Post by Bozolika »

_Blade_ wrote:You must create a new file in the item/custom folder for example 5000-5099.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><list xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../../../xsd/items.xsd">    <item id="50000" type="EtcItem" name="Blooded Fabric">        <set name="displayId" val="4295" />        <set name="icon" val="icon.etc_piece_of_cloth_red_i00" />        <set name="immediate_effect" val="1" />        <set name="material" val="cloth" />        <set name="is_tradable" val="false" />        <set name="is_dropable" val="false" />        <set name="is_sellable" val="false" />        <set name="is_depositable" val="false" />        <set name="is_stackable" val="true" />        <set name="is_questitem" val="true" />    </item></list> 
important is that you have a Display Id this is the icon that you see later in game
and now you can change the name Bloodes Fabric in that what you want.

so long _Blade_
I did it, and i can spawn it to my inventory. The game write to me is "spawned in my inventory" but I not see it in my inventory. :)

Help me, why?
Cresceus

Post by Cresceus »

<item id="50000" type="EtcItem" name="Blooded Fabric">
The name attribute is just for the system messages, not for the icon name. The icon names are client side.

So you have to equip the spawned item (if it's equipable) and then you can see the custom name in the system message. Something like "You have equiped Nightmare Robe Fantastic."

If i'm wrong, i apologize.
Bozolika

Post by Bozolika »

Cresceus wrote:<item id="50000" type="EtcItem" name="Blooded Fabric">
The name attribute is just for the system messages, not for the icon name. The icon names are client side.

So you have to equip the spawned item (if it's equipable) and then you can see the custom name in the system message. Something like "You have equiped Nightmare Robe Fantastic."

If i'm wrong, i apologize.
And how can I change the custom item name. When look at the inventory?

Example:
ID 17130
Name Freesia Bouquet (Event)
and change te name to Love Flower in custom item name at ID 50000?
Cresceus

Post by Cresceus »

As far as i know it is not possible without client modding...
And this is not allowed to be discussed here.
Asmodaius

Post by Asmodaius »

That's true.
Even if you change the name in the xml files, you won't achieve anything, because client uses it's own files in order to display item names.
Amrod

Post by Amrod »

Hello

Since there is this post already, I would like to grap it up again.
because client uses it's own files in order to display item names.
Thats true, but there are some new configs that weren't available back then. Im talking about CustomItemsLoad = True and CustomSkillsLoad = True. So I did create a new item inside the data/stats/items/custom Folder and i can use it in. I did NOT edit the Client, its just Server sided. So I was wondering again if there is no Chance to Change the Name?

Now, it takes the Name of the item I have in

<set name="displayId" val="6658" /> <!-- GIRANSTORE -->
. Its the baium ring. And because I dont change any Client files and just use the regular config and custom item solution, shouldn't there be a way to Change the Name as well?
If I spawn the item in my inventory, it says "spawned 1 GIRANSTORE (41000) in .... inventory". But in the inventory itself, it Displays the Name of the item from the Displayid.

Regards
Cresceus

Post by Cresceus »

No way without client modding.