Question regadering the login attempts/IP a GM can see

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
GlasMan

Question regadering the login attempts/IP a GM can see

Post by GlasMan »

Howdy,

Forgive me if this is isn't the proper section to post my question but it looks like it is.

On my previous server (CT2 pt. 2) I ran into some trouble. Somehow, someone managed to acquire my password and get into my account. One can only imagine what happened next.

I asked the GM if he could see what happened, from what IP, etc. The GM said he can't see anything when it comes to logins and IPs. Somehow, I don't trust the GM and I think he's trying to fuck around with me, knowing who got into my account. Now my question is, can a GM see the IP(s) from which an account name logged in? If so, can he only see the last attempt, or can he see all attempts in the past too? If he's able to see which IP logged Accountname1 for instance, can he run a search and see what other accountnames logged in in the past from that IP?

Appreciate the help,
esoneson

Re: Question regadering the login attempts/IP a GM can see

Post by esoneson »

( :twisted: first, sry for my RLY BAD englich ! :twisted: )
A Gm can't se the ip, but an admin who runs the server can se the last ip who whas logged in on an account, the problem is that if he don't logg all ip's he will se your ip, chos you have to ben loged in to se that some on haw ben hacking your acc, and then your ip become the last one. and 2 the secound question, if he can scan for ip's in the database is: yes he can, but he whill never ban some on, chos you can't prove that some on rly have ben hacking your acc. so rly sry to you, but it is nothing that the Gm's whill do to help you ;S ((i know how mutch that sux, it hapend me 2))

ps.
(( www.l2-spawn.page.tl if you like my help go to my site and vote ;D thx ;D ))
GlasMan

Post by GlasMan »

Excuse me, by GM I actually ment admin. So basically the admin can only see the last login attempt and IP?
janiii
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by janiii »

as far as i know, IPs are logged in the login server, but it has to be enabled. so maybe your admin has not enabled the option to log the IP logged in. he should look into the loginserver logs (loginserver/logs/game/logins_ip.log).
if the logging in loginserver is not enabled, then he really can't help you.
DO NOT EVEN TRY TO MESS WITH ME!
forum flOOder dancing dEVILoper
I don't give private support - PM will be ignored!