General Knowledge Questions

Support for the latest build of L2J Server, get help here with installations, upgrades, problems.
Do not post bugs reports here, use viewforum.php?f=77 instead.
There is no support for other server builds than the official provided by l2jserver.com
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
mattjanes

General Knowledge Questions

Post by mattjanes »

If you want to receive support we need this info to help you properly.
» Find Revision
L2J Revision Number: 9937-Unstable
L2JDP Revision Number: 6194-Unstable

Its been a long time since I used L2J that a lot has changed. I set my server up as all players are GM's to get GM Access because I cant seem to figure out where I set up Access levels and what levels correspond to what? Can anyone help with this?

Also is there a command in-game to set 'Path Points' For moving NPC's or must it all be done outside of game? And if yes, where?

Also I see their is a Built in TvT event now, is this automated? Or must be started by a GM?

Sorry for the noobie questions hopefully I'll catch back on into the swing of things again.
jurchiks

Re: General Knowledge Questions

Post by jurchiks »

access levels are set in database (login database table `accounts` column `accessLevel` - global access level for all characters on account, gameserver database table `characters` column `accesslevel` - per character), available levels are in game/config/accessLevels.xml (for some really dumb reason this file is in datapack).

AFAIK there is no system for ingame walker path editing.

The TvT event has configs in l2jmods.properties.
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
Otherwise you will never learn anything if all you do is copy-paste!
Discussion breeds innovation.
mattjanes

Post by mattjanes »

Thanks for the replies, I see what you mean about it being strange that its in XML instead of the Database :P, for the Default level 8 is that the full list of available options to bestow on this 'GM' or are their more unused that you are aware of?

Also maybe I am blind but I cant seem to find the Pathing file in the Database anymore either. I know I'll have to do /loc and manually input all path nodes now but not sure where to?

Thanks in advance sorry for all the noob questions.
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

what pathfinding file?
If you have problems, FIRST TRY SOLVING THEM YOURSELF, and if you get errors, TRY TO ANALYZE THEM, and ONLY if you can't help it, THEN ask here.
mattjanes

Post by mattjanes »

jurchiks wrote:what pathfinding file?
Sorry I didn't mean Pathfinding, by pathing I mean for NPCWalker's the Path they would follow, where this information is recorded I can not find. I was also wondering if this still requires the NPC to be of the Walker 'Type' or if You can make any NPC walk like a Merchant etc.
jurchiks

Post by jurchiks »

There's dist/game/data/Routes.xml, but I don't know if there's anything to display those routes ingame other than the NPCs themselves.
Can't answer on the 2nd question though, don't remember anymore.