[Info] JVM

This is not a Support area! Discuss about the Server here. Non-Server related discussion goes in Off-Topic Discussion.
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct
Mage

[Info] JVM

Post by Mage »

I have this machine:

*4 x Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5405 @ 2.00GHz
*4 gb ram
*line 1gb
*os 64b
*debian 6

I use this string to lunch the GS, is it good?

java -server -Xmn1024m -Xms2048m -Xmx3072m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=31 -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=756m -XX:SurvivorRatio=16 -Xnoclassgc -XX:+AggressiveOpts

Thank
Forum rules: Please do not use or alter the official L2J Avatars/Signatures/Names for your personal use.
Vapulabe

Re: [Info] JVM

Post by Vapulabe »

Well, it depends on the other services that may be on your server...

4Gb RAM -> GS, Login, OS, crond, httpd, mysqld, sendmail, ... 'you didn't tell if server is used only for GS or other services also)

And don't forget other softwares like the shell and so on...

If GS is the only L2J part running on your server, it's fine (1Gb for OS + Crond + MTU + ... should be enough)

If you've other services running (web server, DB, login server, ...) then you should probably go back to 2Gb RAM max for GS.

Also, something that may help is to have scheduled restarts for the GS. This will reset the Java memory space (my small experience with L2J told me that an unused server running long enough will end up eating so much of it's allowed ram that you'll be in trouble (in my case, it was telnet not responding)... Long enough was several month (yes, I still haven't upgraded to Gracia Epilogue)
badboy29

Re: [Info] JVM

Post by badboy29 »

Much cpu usage with this parameter.
Mage wrote:java -server -Xmn1024m -Xms2048m -Xmx3072m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=31 -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=756m -XX:SurvivorRatio=16 -Xnoclassgc -XX:+AggressiveOpts
With this one, the usage is much lower, but someone more experienced could tell which one is better?
java -server -Xms768m -Xmx3g -Xmn256m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+DoEscapeAnalysis -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:SurvivorRatio=8 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=90 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=31 -XX:+AggressiveOpts
Aka UnHoly