L2J Test Server

Read me first before posting anywhere!
Forum rules
READ NOW: L2j Forums Rules of Conduct

Would you help testing on an official L2J Test Server?

Yes
94%
No
6%

Total votes: 360

anouhi

Re: L2J Test Server

Post by anouhi »

Hello,
I resume this thread. I have an online test server.

100Mb with a latency of 1ms. VM hosted on a SSD. On a mini server with ram in ECC.

At 42 years old it's a passion. I do not have much time because of my family and my work, but I would like to propose to a French team a server that only remains improved.

I have a personal infra running and I have this server available.

I host the basic solution (forum, launcher, bandwidth, server teamspeack) backup (with snapshot of the VM by me)

I need help to have a nice little server and I propose to all French (because I do not speak English).

Thank you for contacting me in PM I do not think I can leave my email

And thanks to the whole L2J community that I have been personally using for more than 10 years.
extasie

Post by extasie »

sur quel version L2j High five ?
anouhi

Post by anouhi »

Bonsoir,

oui effectivement sur H5

pourquoi?
regenx

Post by regenx »

anouhi wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:53 pm Hello,
I resume this thread. I have an online test server.

100Mb with a latency of 1ms. VM hosted on a SSD. On a mini server with ram in ECC.

At 42 years old it's a passion. I do not have much time because of my family and my work, but I would like to propose to a French team a server that only remains improved.

I have a personal infra running and I have this server available.

I host the basic solution (forum, launcher, bandwidth, server teamspeack) backup (with snapshot of the VM by me)

I need help to have a nice little server and I propose to all French (because I do not speak English).

Thank you for contacting me in PM I do not think I can leave my email

And thanks to the whole L2J community that I have been personally using for more than 10 years.

First, Hi..
Second.. What's your CPU on that "mini server"? It is Dual or 4 or more?
Just for your info.. I'll let you know that for 10 USD you can get a VPS fom OVH.com with 2 CPU's and 8 GB of RAM.. connected at 100mb/s, secured ports and LINUX Ubuntu LTS FTW!
Yes it is 2019 !! Soo.. having a "Home server with VM" nowadays it's just a waste of time, money and electricity.. lol :)

Few more things..
Except if your "home server" is connected at 1GBit. lol.
Forums (any platform) and Teamspeak are dead because of Discord and it will not be used anymore..welcome to the future :P
lauchers? We're not Blizzard ppl don't need launcher with .exe WTF? A simple system.zip will be enough..

Ty for your interest in helping the L2J community. :)
nonom
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by nonom »

I have my fresh test server ready to work, It will be a (really cool) dedicated with an IP dedicated. We will updating every merge.

I'll share the credentials the next days after talk with Zoey76 about.
"There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
regenx

Post by regenx »

nonom wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:21 pm I have my fresh test server ready to work, It will be a (really cool) dedicated with an IP dedicated. We will updating every merge.

nonom is back in L2J business ;) Welcome back friend.

You know what that means, right? Having an L2J test server it will attract the all DDoS attackers from this world. Especially Brasil and Spanish skiddies :)
You better should rent a VPS from OVH with "some extra layers" or a cheap dedicated one because of their firewalls.

But you can give a try. It will be nice to have our L2J test server for H5.
JMD
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by JMD »

regenx wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:07 pm
nonom wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:21 pm I have my fresh test server ready to work, It will be a (really cool) dedicated with an IP dedicated. We will updating every merge.

You know what that means, right? Having an L2J test server it will attract the all DDoS attackers from this world. Especially Brasil and Spanish skiddies :)
You better should rent a VPS from OVH with "some extra layers" or a cheap dedicated one because of their firewalls.

Do people still care enough about this game to ddos a test server?
nonom
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by nonom »

I don't think so. Anyways I'll hope they want, to have fun =)
"There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
nonom
L2j Veteran
L2j Veteran

Post by nonom »

regenx wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:07 pm

Thanks regenx! Nice to meet you.I have free time the weekends and I want back to L2j :-)

By other side I'm using something like an F5 but software with a few servers balanced so will cool to see what can they do. I don't care because it will only for the L2j Community , and resetted in every release; so pray for no updates =)

That's the sense of dockerize l2jserver; in example to have a production environment like this.
PingBomb

Post by PingBomb »

Hi, guys

I back after a little break ( since 2008 ) and I see that I have missed a lot of updates. I am currently setting up a new server on:

1x Login Srv - 1x Quad core Xeon / 2GB Ram / 1 Gbps Internet / 10Gbps internal - Win 2012 R2
1x Game Srv - 2x 12 cores Xeon E5 - 2620 / 32 GB Ram / 1 Gbps Internet / 10Gbps internal Win 2012 R2
1x MySQL Srv - 1x Octa core Xeon / 8 GB Ram / 1 Gbps Internet / 10Gbps internal - Debian 9

All behind Cisco firewall :) Wish me a good luck I am still trying to find the correct game client. If you have any suggestions please pm me :)
JMD
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by JMD »

PingBomb wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:58 am Hi, guys

I back after a little break ( since 2008 ) and I see that I have missed a lot of updates. I am currently setting up a new server on:

1x Login Srv - 1x Quad core Xeon / 2GB Ram / 1 Gbps Internet / 10Gbps internal - Win 2012 R2
1x Game Srv - 2x 12 cores Xeon E5 - 2620 / 32 GB Ram / 1 Gbps Internet / 10Gbps internal Win 2012 R2
1x MySQL Srv - 1x Octa core Xeon / 8 GB Ram / 1 Gbps Internet / 10Gbps internal - Debian 9

All behind Cisco firewall :) Wish me a good luck I am still trying to find the correct game client. If you have any suggestions please pm me :)
Thats a bit overkill but nice, you can probably run a couple of servers on the one you use for MySQL alone.
Mantosh

Post by Mantosh »

JMD wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:53 am

Thats a bit overkill but nice, you can probably run a couple of servers on the one you use for MySQL alone.
"a bit" is an understatement :lol: Nice gear!
regenx

Post by regenx »

Servers on Windows lol :crazy: :)
* you can keep ONLY this one 1x Octa core Xeon / 8 GB Ram / 1 Gbps Internet / 10Gbps internal - Debian 9
Windows is for playing games and for human beings definitely not for server machines.
JMD
Advanced User
Advanced User

Post by JMD »

I remember renting a windows server once and within a few hours it was compromised.
beemasport

Post by beemasport »

Hello everyone.

Is the L2J project still alive?
What are the minimum specs for this L2J Test server?
Will it be open or closed project only for forum use?
Who will test and report?

I have a few kind old computers which i think could handle this job and i am willing to contribute to the cause.
I don't mind leaving it 24/7 online it won't hurt my bills.
I am kind of disappointed with the current state of Lineage 2 private servers and i think we can work this out.
Don't hesitate to tell me what you think.
L2J Test server is available PM for join requests.

Test machine hardware dedicated:
HP DC7800 :problem:
CPU: Intel Core2Quad q6600 stock 2.40ghz :problem:
RAM: 4x1GB DDR2 800mhz :problem:
HDD: 160 GB Sata 2 7200rpm :problem: